Photobucket

I'M LOOKING FOR A NORWEGIAN TRANSLATOR, IF INTRESETED, EMAIL ME

While I was originally planning not to cover this show unless it won the poll, I watched some of the auditions and it looks like they did this show for me! Every single contestant has the type of voice I like, and with some exceptions, I've liked the majority of the contestants that have advanced. So there. I'll start covering this amazing show! Coming back of a four year hiatus, the judges panel includes Hans Erik Dyvik Husby, Bertine Zetlitz,Marion Ravn and Gunnar Greve Pettersen (picture below), while it's being hosted by Ravi and Guri Solberg. I'll just comment on the contestant voices, cause I don't understand norwegian, but if someone does and wants to share, please drop me some lines.

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

All contestants have get through bootcamp unless noted.

Auditions 1

Rheanne Oviedo Lindeberg - She had previously auditioned for American Idol in 2003. Her voice is kinda good, a bit shouty and loud. She would have definitely get through in AI but apparently the judges hate her. She gets 4 nos. Not what I expected. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Fredrik Bergersen Klemp (20) - He's performing with a guitar, one of the things I like about this version, they allow instruments. Great folk acoustic voice, very blue eyed soul, reminds me a bit to Gavin DeGraw. Only negative is that the voice was a bit low but it was amazing. On a side note, he's huge! Haha. Really tall guy. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Christopher Olafsrud (17) - Raspy kinda rock driven voice. He performs a cool version of "You are so Vain", which was almost impossible to recognize. He has a great vibe, looking forward to more. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Elisabeth Vatndal (26) - A big voice with some folky characteristics. She's also playing the piano and it's kinda lovely, I'd have liked to see more of her.

Photobucket

Simon Dankertsen (16) - He's performing in norwegian, probably one of the weakest in the package but he was still good. I've not seen one bad contestant since the show started, great sign. Kinda a rock voice, but could perfectly work for pop.  - VIDEO

Photobucket

Evelyn Mercedes Kvambe (17) - Cute blonde girl but with some impressive pipes! She's got an almost jazzy tune, mixed with soul. Really nice mix here. More, more!  - VIDEO

Photobucket

Bianca Skoglie Lal (16) - Oh, she's crying. I sense a sob story. Glad I can't understand but I'd like to know what she said still. She's singing Janis Joplin's "Bobby McGee" and she's nailing it ala Crystal Bowersox style, the difference is her voice. She's got this high pitched tone, with a distinctive kind of country twang, really quirky. My veredict? My favourite thus far. With a voice like that, she'll go far!  - VIDEO

Photobucket

Rodao Garmiany (19) - He doesn't look too promising but I guess he can surprise. He's singing "You're the voice". He's a good singer but it's kinda boring for me. Not sure it was one of the best but he had some interesting notes there. And judges seemed to be loving that, so I guess we'll see more of him. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Maria Mohn (28) - She's a mother and she brings her baby to the audition. Playing the piano, she nails "Jolene", which she performs in a very theatrical way. I love her sweet soft voice, she's a really nice tone and phrasing. Well, it's beautiful and very soothing overall. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Jenny Marlene Nettum (21) - Singing Kings of Leon "Closer", Jenny's voice impresses with her Lisa Hannigan-ish voice and folk quirky tone. Definitely one of the most beautiful and impressive voices I've seen. It's mesmerizing and really unique. I'd pay for her album, really great. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Auditions 2

Tønni Marie Leer (17) - There's something wrong with her leg cause she's using mullets, I think I heard she has three months of therapy but that's not all the story for sure. She's also crying, so it must be something bigger than that. Yet another quirky tiny voice, very similar to Brandie Carlile, and incidentaly, she chose her song, "The Story" for her audition. Still, her voice is really unique and her phrasing is delightful. Another amazing girl! - VIDEO

Photobucket

Stine Frydenlund (16) - She looks like a country singer and her voice is indeed very country driven, with a little cracking sound. Really nice though, I can see her succeeding in Nashville. And with some improvement she'd be great. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Camilla Sørensen (15) - A very good version of "Price Tag", she's definitely not the best I've seen, but with some time, I can see her shining. Her voice just need a little training cause I don't think she's quite ready yet. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Per Hajskabd (17) - Nice voice, really raspy. There's lot of potential in this kid if he sticks to this folk/alternative vibe he's pulling. God how I hate this short clips, I'm always left wanting more. Haha.

Photobucket

Maggie Petkovic (19) - Great sass and voice. She's the big singer one with huge pipes, but I see a really jazzy side there, reminds me of Caro Emerald, a lot. Really good. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Nikolay Henriksen (24) - He's from Colombia, or that's what I heard. Colombia was there at least. Haha. Mmm, his voice is interesting, I don't like it though. It has a weird tone. Yeah, he can hit some interesting notes, he's got a very soft and smooth falsetto but I'm not loving it, at all, and the judges aren't either. Oh well, he's singing in spanish now. And I tell you, that sucks badly. I speak spanish and it's not supposed to sound like that. And still, they liked that. The most mediocre act that has gone through yet. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Birger Lukas Eikemo (35) - The oldest act we've seen, he was a member of the band Sane, I wonder if someone knows them. His voice is really interesting actually, his tone is quite special. Very rocky but he's more in the soft side. And after all, he was in a rock band, so he's got the experience. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Eirik Balhald-Brun Svendsen (18) - I don't know why but Marion is casting a contestant by herself at a highschool. Eirik proceeds to perform a really nice acoustic soft performance but I don't see what's so special of him that needed Marion to go cast him. He's good though but this was lots of weird. - VIDEO

Charlotte Tepstad Karlsen (16) - There's a big bunny with her, don't really know why. Something called Josefine. She's singing Taylor Swift, sort of expected? It's really cute still. I don't see her as a big star though, she needs to improve, but she's kinda adorable right now. Very Taylor like indeed. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Benjamin Godø (18) - He's got a nice shy voice. Reminds me of Brett Dennen, he's got the same kind of tone, very folky and quirky. I really like that! I wasn't expecting it at all. Probably one of the best guys I've seen in this two episodes. Lots of potential. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Share this :