Photobucket

64 contestants moved on but after the battles end only 5 per team will move on to the next round (I think that's right, this show is so confusing this year!) With the addition of a new twist, the steal, the losing battle contestants will have another shot to make it into the liveshows. Who'll crumble under the pressure? Who'll emerge victorious? ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...


Cody Belew vs DOMO - "Telephone" - Team Cee Lo - Oh, this is a shame. Cee Lo paired the most hilarious performers together but I bet they'll give us a terrific show. Cee Lo picked this song to give them a chance to sing and dance. He paired them because it's a battle between the dancer that can sing and the singer that can dance. He wants one of them to be the total package. DOMO sounded surprisingly good on this, she could be something very current, plus she's a feisty performer. Cody, on the other hand, was a bit shouty to me and he had little control over his voice, I still enjoyed this more than his audition. He's quite hilarious to watch, honestly, I found him really interesting plus he's so likable. So I guess I'd go for Cody. Cee Lo says he thought that they were concentrating more on the choreography than separating themselves from the pack, so he's gonna go for his personal preference. He chooses Cody, no one steals DOMO.


Aquile vs Nathalie Hernandez - "You Give Me Something" - Team Christina - Nathalie was on of my faves during the auditions but I'm not so sure she stands a chance against Aquile, who is a judges fave. Christina chose this song cause they both have a relaxing energy. She says both come from different worlds as far as vocal styles, she says the Grammy's are infamous for pairing unlikely people and that it's up to them to make it work. I'm not a fan of this pairing, Nathalie looks very insecure, while Aquile shows a lot of confidence. Nathalie thinks the battle is evenly matched, I do think Christina has a favouritism for Aquile though. His vocals are fantastic, he's obviously a seasoned singer and really knows what he's doing. Nathalie instead, isn't as mature as he is, and didn't make the best vocal decisions, thus sounding pitchy at times. I love her tone though and I think she has the potential to be phenomenal. She's just 15 after all, in a few years, she could be a star. Adam says Aquile is ready and Nathalie will be soon. Christina picks Aquile and nobody steals Nathalie. That's a shame but I know we'll see her again.


Lisa Scinta vs Celica Westbrook - "My Life Would Suck Without You" - Team Christina - Damn! We never got to see Lisa Scinta after all. After we didn't see her audition, I was hoping to get to see her battle, I guess we won't. We get a few big notes, I preferred Lisa but whatever. Celica wins the battle.

Rudy Parris vs Charlie Rey - "Bad Day" - Team Blake - Blake thinks Charlie struggled with his nerves and ultimately Rudy wins the battle. Rudy bores me so I don't care much about this battle, despite I liked Charlie's tone during his audition.


Melanie Martinez vs Caitlin Michele - "Lights" - Team Adam - Adam says they both represent something, so it felt pairing them together. He thinks they are genuinely unique, he believes this is the best collaboration. He picked this song cause they both do really interesting unique things but in a pop context so he wanted to make things weirder. This arrangement is gorgeous. It's both hunting and unique and they made Ellie's song sound totally different. Caitlin reminds me a lot to Florence, while Melanie sounds like no else. Caitlin has more control over her voice and her tone is a lot clearer than Melanie's, who has a breathier voice. I wasn't a fan of some of the changes Melanie made to the melody but overall, I found her voice a lot more interesting than Caitlin's, it was very enchanting. I also enjoyed Caitlin a lot so I really hope someone steals her cause this battle was pretty evenly matched. Adam says he was over the moon with their performance, so his decision is gonna suck even more. In the end, Adam goes for Melanie, while both Cee Lo and Blake try to steal Caitlin. She picks Cee Lo, Blake wonders if he was a jackass to Caitlin in the past.

Share this :