Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

It's the last week of auditions and the judges will fight for the latest batch of contestants in order to complete their teams ahead of next week battles. Will we end on a high note? Or will we face a disappointment? ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Anja Dalhuisen - "Are you gonna go my way" - 1/4 - She's been part of cover bands in the past. She's one of the few rockers we've seen this season, with the other being Floortje Smit, though I'd say she's more pop than rock. Anja's got a great voice though she lacks the distinctive grit most rockers have. She hit some sweet notes though and that apparently was enough for Marco to turn around for her. Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

Mathijs Rumping - "Young ones" - 4/4 - All his mates are here with him tonight. He was previously a contestant on the XF Netherlands's S3, which was won by Jaap van Reesema. Mathijs, who was in the same category, placed 9th. He gets all the judges to turn around quite easily, after all, he's got a great voice. He might have been eliminated early from the XF but he's clearly really talented. I'm not a fan of his song choice, I never heard it before actually, and I really couldn't care less about it. I liked his tone though, he's got potential. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

Linda Smeets - "I Follow Rivers" - 2/4 - This probably wasn't the right song for her. Her voice is very subtle and soft and to take on this song you need a more powerful one. I liked it tough, she didn't oversang it and her tone is rather pleasant. I'm not sure about her prospects in this competition though but nice audition. Team Marco  - VIDEO

Photobucket

Liza Vermeer - "Hedonism" - 1/4 - This was a nice surprise. I was really impressed by her voice despite I hated the song. Her tone reminded me to Liv Skotte (The Voice of Denmark) and despite Liza couldn't hit some of the bigger notes like Liv could, I still enjoyed her audition. Nick really wanted to turn for her, with Simon doubting, but Nick turns either way right at the end. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

 Photobucket

Vernice Marques - "Somebody That I Used to Know" - 1/4 - Both Vernice and her sister Abbygail get invited to audition while bowling. Abbygail performed first but unfortunately, no one turned for her. It must be hard to sing after that. Vernice's a better singer than her sister, at least she was on tune for most of her performance though it wasn't as interesting as I wanted it to be, it was just ok. Roel turns for her really soon and her sister doesn't look too happy about it. Apparently she didn't realize Roel turned, so she looks really happy after Martijn tells her. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Sifra Geessink - "Domino" - 2/4 - She shows some potential but unfortunately, the performance wasn't really a strong one. She sounds a lot like fodder to me. There were many nice moments but also some bum notes. It was probably the wrong song choice for her, maybe Roel can coach her into something great.  Team  Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Denzel Dongen - "Glad You Came" - 2/4 - I like this song but only when sang by The Wanted. The start was very good and the judges turned only because that was so strong cause he couldn't really get the timing right and always sounded some seconds behind. He's got a good voice, he just picked the wrong song. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Claudia van den Anker - "Don't Let Go" - 4/4 - She's originally from Suriname. Claudia didn't have the most promising start but she only got better as soon as the judges started turning for her. This wasn't my favourite audition by any stretch but the show needed a diva and Claudia is definitely one. Team Marco  - VIDEO

Photobucket

The following contestants got montaged, so my comments on them will be obviously very short.

Hilde Vos - "Fast Car" - 1/4 - Her voice was really soft and she has a really pretty tone. That's all I can say based on that. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Bart Reinders - "Multiply" - 2/4 - He's very old fashioned, I don't really understand what Roel and Marco saw on him. I hope Roel uses him as battle fodder to put some of his girls through. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

So this is it! What do you think about the Blind Auditions? I think Trijntje's got the best team, followed by Roel's, Nick and Simon's and finally, Marco's. I was expecting him to have the best team but surprisingly, he has what looks like the weakest. Maybe he can turn it around though.


Some battle spoilers! Stop reading if you don't want to know.



Natascha Vergeer will be battling against Janine Heines. Johannes Rijpma vs Marco Oostra. Favourite Sandra van Nieuwland will be pitted against montaged contestant Marco Gerits. Marjet van den Brand will face Sebastiano Zafarana. We are also show Nicola Ebbink with a blond girl that looks like Natalja Majoor. I also think Leona Philippo will be put against Gerrie van Dijk-Dantuma, though they were never shown together in the preview.

And now some results. Omri Tindal wins his battle against Kelita Gallant. Nicola Ebbink is shown celebrating and Natascha Vergeer looks really pissed while we see a group of girls celebrating, and I think I saw Janine among them.

Are you excited about the battles?


Share this :