Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

Another week and another episode of The Voice of Holland! The talent is crazy this year and the bunch of contestants tonight will left you even more impressed than you already were. Are you ready for more?  ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Randy Soewarno - "No more drama" - 2/4 -  We've already heard this song performed by Team Roel's Eyelar Mirzazadeh and truth be told, I actually think Eyelar did better. Randy's performance was more perfect overall, she didn't hit any bum notes or went pitchy, but it somehow lacked power. Her voice is very lightweight and despite I enjoyed her performance I couldn't stop wishing it had more power. That aside, is anyone else expecting Roel to pair her up with Eyelar during the battles now? Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Tessa Belinfante - "People help the people" - 4/4 -  She looks quite adorable to me. Tessa is an instant hit with the judges, with Marco and Trijntje turning immediately after she opens her mouth and Roel Nick & Simon turning shortly after. She's very Birdy-ish, which is an obvious comparison considering htis is her song. Tessa's got a gorgeous rich tone, which showed specially during the final lines. One of my favourite auditions without doubt, I just couldn't stop watching it, I must have played it 10 times. Simply beautiful. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Patt Riley - "Don't Speak" - 2/4 - She's been performing for years and has also duetted with many artists, including TVOH S1 winner Ben Saunders. On a shallow note, I'm not very fond of her hair, this style looks good on Ellie Goulding but her head has a weird form and it's just not wroking. Her tone is pretty and she did everything about right but her voice started sounding bad during the final. I'm not a fan of this song either, she didn't do justice to it, not that there's much justice to do. Let's see if she improves when the battles start. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Ginger Kleinee - "Love is a losing game" - 1/4 - Ginger is in the Army, we see her getting some kind of recognition. Wow! Not what I was expecting, not at all how she sounded in my mind. Her voice is very quirky and it made me totally love this song, which I was convinced I was gonna hate. Yes, she was shaky but it was cool and rather sultry and most importantly, interesting. I'm looking forward to more. Team Roel - VIDEO

 Photobucket

Petra Creutzberg - "For Bitter or Worse" - 2/4 - Petra's got a good voice but this song didn't let her show it at all. She's got deep interesting tone but the performance just wasn't exciting enough and apparently the judges felt the same, only turning around for her in the last seconds. She's got a lot of control though and I can't deny that she sang that awful song perfectly. Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

Marco Oostra - "Sweeter" - 1/4 - He's a good singer but really not interesting. I've no idea why Nick and Simon were so excited about him. His voice was flat and had nothing distinctive, to me, he sounded the same in every single line.Well, he'll be a fine battle filler. Team  Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

Koert Witteman - "I Follow Rivers" - 3/4 - I've heard this arrangement of this song many times but that doesn't mean I'm already tired about it. It takes Lykke's song to a whole new level and Koert did fantastic with it. His guitar playing made the song sound quite coutry and his tone is truly great, very interesting. He's probably my fave male contestant so far. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

Gerrie van Dijk-Dantuma - "Grenade" - 4/4 - She comes from a family of artists. Gerrie's song choice is very unexpected. Female contestants don't usually pick this song. She's a phenomenal soulful singer and the judges turn immediately for her. I loved her phrasing and she surprisingly had a lot more power than I was expecting to see. Her performance was very entertaining too and so was her voice, they way she went up, down, up again made me feel like I was watching a pro. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket
Share this :