Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

The lovely Tessa Belinfante and pro-sounding Gerrie van Dijk-Dantuma impressed us the past week with two outstanding performances. Tonight, a whole new batch of contestants will perform in the hopes of giving us the same reaction. Who'll be the stand-out tonight? ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Salóme Pieris - "Best Thing I Never Had" - 1/4 - I've no idea what it happens to me but every time I listen to this song I instantly fall in love with it. It's weird. Salóme did an exceptional job with the song, it was nothing out of this world, but she managed to keep the judges at the edge of their seat during the whole performance, until Nick & Simon finally picked her. I would've personally turned sooner cause she's got a gorgeous tasty tone despite she may have had some issues there. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

Anneloes Wigboldus - "People help the people" - 4/4 - Second time we've heard this song so far. First one was Tessa Belinfante, one of the stand outs of the previous episode. While I liked Tessa a little more, I can't deny that Anneloes did brilliantly with this song. She's got a pure tone and sounds a lot like Adele and that's a major compliment. I don't know why did the judges take so long to turn for her but once Roel turned, the rest followed soon. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Loes van de Mars - "More" - 4/4 - Another song we've previously heard. Sandra van Nieuwland nailed this song in the first episode and it have her a #1 single for weeks. Loes is doing a very similar arrangement but I liked Sandra's performance much more. While Sandra's felt original, this one felt like a cover of Sandra's, which is a little unfair, cause Sandra has the advantage only cause they showed her audition first. Loes has a great voice though I liked Sandra's better, which was overall more interesting. I need another song from her to judge her properly, cause I really think she has talent. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Mindy Broeren-Martosoedjono - "Happiness" - 3/4 - I honestly think this was the wrong song for her. Marco turned immediately though. It was different, I'll give her that, and her voice is outstanding but I didn't feel the performance at all. There was no connection to me and despite it may have been one of the few upbeat auditions so far, I didn't really enjoy it as much as the judges did. Maybe with a more current song she'll be better? Team Marco - VIDEO

 Photobucket

Natalja Majoor - "If I Ain't Got You" - 1/4 - She was quite emotional before performing but for some reason, the emotion she tried showing in her performance felt a little fake to me. There's no doubt she's got a huge voice for someone who's just 16 but she really oversang that song. When she was more restrained, she sounded the best, so I've no doubt that with a little coaching, she'll be better. And that's what Nick & Simon may've seen in her, potential. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

David Gonçalves - "Hurt" - 3/4 - He was the 5th placer during the first season of Idols, which was won by Jamai Loman, same season former XF UK contestant Yuli Minguel, who came in 9th on Idols,  participated. David's your typical soul singer and despite he's really good at it, I don't think that there's anything interesting about him. Yeah, he's a terrific singer and this competitions always needs at least one of them but is he something new? Hardly. Either way, Roel finally got a guy for his team! Team  Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Pomme van de Ven - "Next to me" - 2/4 - This is a wonderful song but unfortunately, Pomme wasn't as amazing as Emeli is with it. She did a good job but her voice doesn't has as many layers as Emeli's does. She sounded really flat during the chorus, and I get that, cause it's probably harder to sing that part. The rest of the verses sounded much better, though I still think this was too big of a song for her. Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

Marx Margono - "Vlieg met me mee" - 4/4 - Marx has been one of the few contestants who have performed a Dutch song. His performance was both soothing and well sang and although it was really slow, he didn't bore me at all. He's got a beautiful tone and he made Dutch sound really gorgeous, specially those raspy words. Marx managed to make the four judges to turn around for him, so he must have done something right. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

Photobucket

Babette van Vugt - "Nobody's Perfect" - 4/4 - Babette is one of the invited contestants, we really haven't had many of them in previous episodes, so why not showing another one? She's off to a very rough start and I started to lose all my faith in her until she hit the chorus, in which she really started improving. I really enjoyed the arrangement she made towards the end, it really fit her. She may not be the best but at least it was entertaining. Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

The following contestants all got montaged towards the end, so my comments on them will be obviously very short.

Sotiri Antonakoudis - "Animal" - 1/4 - He made "Animal" not completely suck, so that's gotta mean something. He's got a nice voice and took some nice liberties with the melody, but he's clearly fodder. Team Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Paul van Commenee - "Like I Love You" - 1/4 - Roel has two boys now! His falsetto sounded quite awful to be honest, so why did Roel pick him? Well, he did listen to the whole performance, so that may have made his mind up. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Inge McGee - "No more drama" - 1/4 - Third time we've heard this song and honestly, I would've preferred to listen Inge than Randy. The short clip sounded really good, she took the swag away from the song and slowed it down, making it sound really beautiful. Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket
Share this :