Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

A new bunch of contestants surprised us last week, with the likes of Eyelar Mirzazadeh, Nicola Ebbink and Ivar Oosterloo shining on stage. Who will impress us tonight?  ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Marjet van den Brand - "Crazy" - 2/4 -  Marjet was a contestant on Popstars: The Rivals and also released a single as Helder titled "Laat me leven". She's got a weird ritual before performing, which involves touching all her body. She's got a decent voice, very suitable for pop music cause it's not too distinguishable. Roel is the first to push his button and when Nick & Simon are about to pick her he urges them not to. Trijntje picks them too but Roel's enthusiasm wins her over. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Jayms - "Multiply" - 2/4 -  He's not the strongest contestant nor the most interesting. Despite that, he had some great moments during his audition. He's got a raspy soulful voice but his song choice wasn't exciting and the performance wasn't consistent, it was quite boring at times and honestly, I didn't care about him.  Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

Charlotte Fisser - "Black horse and the cherry tree" - 4/4 - I loved every second of this performance. She's got a good voice, it's not a huge one, but it's full of soul and it's a certain swag. Charlotte's got the cutest smile ever, evertime she smiled, I smiled. She's a fantastic performer, her audition was one of the mos entertaining thus far. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket

Natascha Vergeer - "Best Thing I Never Had" - 2/4 - This is one of those auditions in which we don't see the contestant until someone picks her. First of all, I love this song, so I give her extra points for that. She had some pitch issues and she seemed to be grasping for air at times but the times it didn't, she was really great. She reminded me to Jazmine Sullivan for some reason. With a different type of song, she could be much better, cause I suspect her issues were the song's fault. Team Nick & Simon - VIDEO

 Photobucket

Omri Tindal - "Dedication to my ex" - 3/4 - He's a father of two and probably divorced, cause why sing this song if not? I don't like him much. His voice's got nothing special to me, he hit the notes but apart from that he didn't make me feel anything. Maybe I'll feel him with a different song but this didn't do it at all.  Team Marco - VIDEO

Photobucket

Paula Pielanen - "You might need" - 1/4 - She trips when entering the building. She goes back outside and makes her entrance again. This song isn't right for her, it's too old fashioned to me. She hits several bum notes but her voice is good overall. I'm not sure though if she's old fashioned herself or if it was just a bad song choice but I suspect it's the former.  Team  Trijntje - VIDEO

Photobucket

Floortje Smit - "Alone" - 4/4 - She looks like a rocker, walks like a rocker and sounds like a rocker. She auditioned for Idols S3 and ultimately made it to the final. She was considered the favourite to win but the crown went to Raffaëla Paton, who also auditioned for The Voice years later, making it to the Top 16 in S1. Floortje was also part of the musical "We Will Rock You"prior to auditioning. Great voice, no wonder why she made it to the final in Idol. She reminds me to Juliet Simms minus the rasp. She hit every single note of that song, which I particularly don't like much. Either way, one of the best auditions to date. Team Roel - VIDEO

Photobucket
Share this :