Photobucket

Janet Devlin was surprisingly axed after founding herself in the B2 with Misha B, who had already been there twice. Janet was always poised to win the competition but after a series of messy performances, Janet's frontrunner status was taken, just like Craig's was. Now the remaining 4 contestants will take on Motown and another song to get they to the final. One more will leave tonight and will be missing the final. Who will shock tonight? Who will leave? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Round 1 - Motown

Misha B

Photobucket

"Dancing in the Street" - 5/10 - Oh god. We are losing all the progress made last week with this performance. Misha looks taken from a bad 60s performance. How gross is that outfit? This song was given a great twist by Naima Adedapo during American Idol's last season, so in comparison, Misha's performance is really boring and considering Misha has a lot more attitude and sass, this performance was a fail, a boring fail.


Louis: Misha B you’re in the semi final you are original, authentic and a very unique singer.
Tulisa: This is it, it’s crunch time, this is the performance that will get you through to the final. This week is suited to you perfectly. I do feel that you’ve had better performances but this should get you through to the final.
Gary: Misha this is why I wanted to do this job and sit in this seat, to have the chance to unearth talent like yours. Thank you for making this positive for me.
Kelly: I think after that performance we’ll be dancing in the street, on top of our roof. Fantastic job tonight mama! Congratulations on a great performance!

Amelia Lily

Photobucket

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - 9/10 - At first I wasn't sure about this performance but wow! Girl nailed this! I've been hating on her for weeks but I think she finally gained some sympathy from me after this performance. She sounded terrific and the whole performance with the dancers was truly entertaining.


Louis: Amelia I love you, I think you have great pop star potential. You remind me of Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson and you killed that big Motown song. You deserve to be in the final.
Tulisa: You brought Motown to life this week with that performance. If that doesn’t get you through to the final I don’t know what will.
Gary: Amelia I was intrigued to see how you’d get on this week, you are a rock pop singer not a soul singer but how wrong was I? You did really well tonight, amazing performance, well done!
Kelly: Amelia Lily alive and well and on fire tonight! You sound amazing!

Little Mix

Photobucket

"You Keep Me Hangin' On" - 6/10 - Yes, there were some awful notes. Yes, Leigh-Ann made a horrific lyric fluff. And yes, the performance was a little boring. But they were still much superior than Collins's disaster. Again, I'm missing the edge they had the first few weeks cause they are just plain girlband now.


Louis:It would be great to see a girl band in the final but there was something msising in that performance. It’s like you lost your mojo. I think you have a lot more to give.
Kelly: I have seen you give better performances. This was a good performance but I would have thought that you’d bring it a little bit more, because we are so close to the final.
Gary: I am one of your biggest fans and I really want to see you in the final. Although, I have something I need to say, Perrie is the best singer in this band and she should be featured more than she is. A focus, a lead singer that is what was missing tonight.
Tulisa: Gary I get that but what Little Mix represent is four different people that when they come together are four individuals. They love each other and want to give each other as much time on the record as possible.

Marcus Collins

Photobucket

"My Girl"  - 3/10 - I'm done with commenting about him, I sound like I'm repeating myself every week but it's not my fault. Gary Barlow is such a sucky mentor that he can only think of boring classics for Marcus and he's ruining his chances of winning. Plus his voice isn't that interesting, not interesting at all actually.


Louis: Marcus you never let us down, I always expect you to be good. You are the perfect popstar!
Tulisa: You look very handsome in that jacket tonight. The vocals were amazing but I do think that you could have done with a better song choice at this stage of the competition, but you know what? You pulled it off.
Kelly: I was hoping you were singing to me! It sounded beautiful, congratulations.
Gary: Marcus you keep coming back and doing every week, this week was made for you. Authentic, smooth, fantastic, well done!


Round 2 - Get me to the final

Misha B

Photobucket

"Perfect" - 5/10 - I was looking forward to this performance cause I love this song and I was confident Misha will give it a terrific twist. Unfortunately, it just didn't happen. Misha was verging on the boring and the song wasn't as emotional or intense at it should be. The most interesting part of it were the screen sin the back and when that happpens, you know the performance was missing something, a lot ...


Louis: Misha to make it in the music business you must stand out from the crowd. You do, you have the perfect recording voice, you have to make it through to the final. You should never be in the bottom two you are a major talent.
Tulisa: Misha that was a really emotional performance, it was real, true to you and you fully connected with the song. When you leave this competition, I think you can sell records. I would buy your record.
Gary: Misha I mentioned the positive side of you being here earlier but there is a negative side as well and that’s I’ve sat heer and witnessed your journey and it makes me sad. You have been wrongfully accused of being someone that you’re not. Even if you are lucky enough to get through tomorrow night, I don’t think you can win because of that and that’s a shame.
Kelly: Win, lose, X Factor, no X Factor, you are a star! A star!

Amelia Lily

Photobucket

"I'm with You" - 8/10 - Despite she's sounding a little rough, I'm actually enjoying this performance. Yes, it's back to the generic stuff she does but this Avril song seemed to have been made for Amelia. It was quite emotional and Iatually enjoyed every single bit of it. Amelia totally won me over tonight, something Marcus hasn't been able to do for weeks.


Louis:That is the X Factor, that’s the best vocal performance of the night.
 Tulisa: That is one of my favourite songs of all time and I would be worried for anyone to sing it but you pulled it off. That song is a story and you sung it like you were telling a story…well done.
Gary: Louis, it wasn’t the vocal performance of the night, it was a good performance, it wasn’t amazing. The problem I have with yoiu is that you’re shouty loud voice cuts through beautifully but you still have to find your softer voice. Listen I could write a sheet full of stuff to tell you, but you are 17 and it’s amazing how you bounce back every week.
Kelly: You come here each week and show us that 17 is just a number honey because your pipes are so powerful and beautiful.

Marcus Collins

Photobucket

"Can You Feel It"  - 2/10 - Ouch. This is surprisingly tuneless. This is definitely the worst vocal of the night, and Marcus personal worst too. Apparently, he's saying a sore throat affected his performance. Man, there's no excuse for being completely out of tune. He'll be lucky to make it to the final after this sucky sucky rendition.


Louis: Gary that wasn’t the right song. Marcus I don’t want you to fall at the last hurdle, but that wasn’t the right song for me.
Tulisa: I do agree, I don’t think that was one of your best performances at all. But I still looked on the stage and saw a star.
Kelly: It wasn’t one of your best vocal performances and I thought that at some points you were really trying instead of it just oozing out of you. But I still love you and want to see you in the final…I believe in you.
Gary: Let me speak for this audience here and everyone at home, that was amazing. Not only do you sound great, you look great and dance great.

Little Mix

Photobucket

"If I Were a Boy" - 7,5/10 - I loved the fact that Jesy got much more lines than she usually does, she's probably behind Perrie in terms of singing but Jesy has a really unique tone and she can give it a really cool beatboxing sound, unfortunately that didn't happen and the performance was a lil dull and despite from Perrie's fantastic voice, it didn't have many great moments.


Louis:I remember ten years ago on a stage like this Girls Aloud were born. You are little like them and the Sugababes. I didn’t like your first performance but you have amazing potential and if you work hard, get the styling right you have such potential. But it wasn’t perfect.
Kelly: I absolutely love you and what will be the beauty of this group is that when you find the strength in each other, who brings out the best in the group. Once you get that the group will be so dynamic and change the world!
Gary: For a semi final act these vocals aren’t good enough tonight. You have had a bad night and I need to remind people how good you have been throughout this competition, to get on your phones and vote for these girls
Tulisa: I have got too much to say! Oh my God! The people want to hear your music and they have to pick up their phones and vote for you.

    Ranking:
    1.  Amelia Lily
    2. Little Mix
    3. Misha B
    4. Marcus Collins
      Resluts
      Photobucket

      Eliminated Contestan:

      Misha B
       
      Little Mix seem to be the new frontrunners coming to the final. They've never been in the B2 and they are incredibly hyped. Marcus and Amelia seem like a tie for the 2nd place. Marcus was always poised to be the runner up but now that Amelia is back, she may steal that place from him. Misha unfortunately, couldn't survive the votes considering she's been in the B2  three times and without the judges being able to save her, it was just obvious Misha was going home despite how good, or bad in tonight's case, her performances were. And now we are left with Little Mix, Amelia and Marcus! Who'll win next week?
      Share this :