Pernille Svensen Øiestad was the 6th placer on the norwegian version of the X Factor last year, which was also it's first series. The girl really catched my attention on the show, she was  really valuable, but after her elimination I feared that will be the last I'll hear from her. But this changed! This scandinavian unique beauty has released her debut single "Turn The Lights Off" some time ago, on May 7.  The song is a dancy  and very catchy song, much in the vibe of Swedish Idol Tove Styrke's "Million Pieces".  Her voice has a really interesting and almost quircky style, very similar to Diana Vicker's voice, but a bit more popish. But that aren't all the good news! The talented singer has signed a record deal with Universal Music Group! Yes, you've heard it right. Universal has signed a 6th placer finalist. But that's not as surprising as fellow contestant Rikke Lie's signing with them too! Rikke came out 9th despite being one of the best, and I feared the same as with Pernille. I'm so glad for both. I'm sure we'll hear much from them in the future!  


Listen and buy "Turn The Lights Off" after the JUMP ...





Buy "Turn The Lights Off" HERE.

Share this :