Photobucket

Now that Idol is gone, TV4 has decided to debut two new singing competitions, The Voice Sverige and the first Swedish version of The X Factor, which will premiere later in the year (and we'll be following it). Hosted by Carina Berg The Voice coaches are rapper Petter, 1991 Eurovision winner Carola Häggkvist, The Ark frontman Ola Salo and singer Magnus Uggla. I must admit I've not really been following this show like I did with Idol Sweden. I did watch some auditions and battles but I didn't found it as engaging as Idol. Still, I'm hoping that will change with the liveshows! Also worth noting, this will be the first time I'll see some of this contestants sing. Tonight, Team Petter and Team Carola will take the stage and two acts per team will be sent packing! ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

"Proud Mary" (Tina Turner) - 4,5/10 - Mary's already released music around Sweden and despite her previous experience, I'm not sure this is interesting enough for her to win this competition. The intro was totally unnecessary and although her voice has shades of originality, I would not make it past her second song in a concert ...  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"I will love again" (Lara Fabian) - 5,5/10 - Awful song choice for her and I know she can do better than this cause I've seen it. This disco goddess thing isn't working and despite Mikaela looks gorgeous and also sounds beautiful, the performance felt dated and unoriginal. Such a shame, she had potential. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Electric worry" (Clutch) - 6/10 - I really dislike Ulf's style. He's trying to look like a rocker but it just looks dirty and greasy to me. The beginning was the highlight of the performance, when he sounded like a bluegrass singer, the rock part was interesting but I thought he was just trying too hard, he needs to relax more and get lost into the performance. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"I won't let you go" (James Morrisson) - 8,5/10 - Wow, Dennius totally impressed me! This is the first performance tonight I've enjoyed, he's got a wonderful tone, very unique, and his style is very interesting. He has crazy eyes when he sings, just a little of them, but I didn't mind them at all cause I  found his performance both engaging and emotional. This is one to watch!  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Crazy in love" (Beyonce) - 4/10 - I love her energy from the second she came out on stage, unfortunately, her voice didn't have the same effect on me. She's a decent singer but nothing special or worth paying a ticket for. There was a lot of pitchiness and the arrengment was so predictable it hurt. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Follow through" (Gavin de Graw) - 6/10 - This is quite generic if you ask me. Good looking guy singing in a weak way and trying to win the camera. Unlike Dennis, Jimmy's voice is quite unremarkable, it sounds ok but it's doesn't stand out. He sounded very boyband-ish to me, maybe he should join one ...  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Shoreline" (Broder Daniel) - 8,5/10 - Another surprise! I was expecting him to sound like Jimmy but he's much more unique than that. He totally reminds me to Aiden Grimshaw, he even has the same body expression Aiden had. I wasn't so sure about the song choice but that can always improve. I'm looking forward to seeing him again! - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Try a little tenderness" (Otis Redding) - 10/10 - OMG! This is amazing! He's a soul singer in it's purest form, he's got a great sense of the blues and what's more important, he's able to emote perfectly. I totally bought what he was offering me, loved the runs and riffs and I specially loved that last moments when he hit those high notes and went totally insane. He's my favourite for sure!   - VIDEO

Photobucket

"As" (Stevie Wonder) - 7/10 - Great vocals at parts but awful at others, that show's Edvard is really unconsistent. He did some impressive things with his voice towards the end but the beginning was to bad for it to be a good performance. It had a good soulish feeling though and I'd like to see what he can do with a different song. I'd give him one more chance cause he does have a good voice.   - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Standing in the way of control" (Gossip) - 8/10 -  I don't see the hype about her at all. She's the most pimped contestant on this show for sure but I don't see anything amazing about her. Yes, she's got a lot of stage presence and a fantastic rocky voice but I've seen a lot of singers like her. But she's interesting and definitely has star power, maybe that's why they like so much about her! - VIDEO

Results

Eliminated Contestants:

Daniella Hernandez
Mikaela Samuelsson
Edvard Bisof
Marcus Sennewald

I'm really shocked to see Marcus go home. I honestly think he was one of the best of the night and would've really liked to see him advance. Mary and Ulf, his fellow team members should've been sent home instead of him. Mikaela, Daniella and Edvard all have good voices but their song choice do them in, very bad picks by the judges. Still, I would've kept Mikaela over Jimmy. She had much more potential than him. Anyway, tomorrow I'll recap the second part!
Share this :