photo TheVoiceofUkraine_zps08cfa3d1.png
Each coach now has 8 acts but the shows doesn't have the time nor the budget for all of them so they'll have to cut their teams by half. At the end of the day, we'll be left with our Top 16. Will your favourites make it?

Recap and videos after the jump ...

Part 1

Team Alexander

Michael Kirkilan (Майкл Кіркілан) - "Не тревожь мне душу скрипка" - I don't wanna see either of them lose - they're both talented, likable persons. Michael chose the wrong song and that will cost him a place at the lives, sadly. He was interesting to me.

Anna Hodorovska (Анна Ходоровська) - "I believe I can fly" - Anna is one of my favourites this season, she's like a gem. She sings so effortlessly but hits both the notes and some buttons of the soul. I totally get why Alexander started to sing with her - I wanted to do that too. 

Of course Anna won, there are so much things she could do here.


Team Slava

Dmytro Babak (Дмитро Бабак) - "Hallelujah" - I usually hate this song but Dmytro knows it's his last song here and sings accordingly, even if it's not great musically, it's emotionally. 

Hristina Soloviy (Христина Соловій) - "Sous le ciel de Paris" - I don't really like her as a person, there's something sneaky in her - at times she's too girly and naive (you can call it woman  jealousy, if you wish). But no doubt she's unique and has her own vision and will go far. This song sounded fresh and she added some French flavour to the show. I won't say it was impressive vocally but totally interesting.

Dmytro was a goner the moment he's got Hristina as an opponent. Slava chose her as the winner.


Team Oleg

Kamila Boyko (Каміла Бойко) - "If I Ain't Got You" - Very solid performance with some real emotions. From the two of them I like Kamila better.

Olena Gigareva (Олена Жигарева) - "Russian Roulette" - Olena's dress is uncomfortable to watch and I suspect it's uncomfortable to move in. She's also highly unlikable. I've seen a lot of comments down the video saying she's impressive. Not to me. I still thinks her vocals aren't that special.

Olena is the winner of the battle.


Team Slava

They called this battle the main intrigue of the season. Other than their skin color, the two of them have got nothing in common. Blez from Kongo is perfectly trained and very serious about his music and Victoria is a talented singer from Ukraine.

Victoria Olize (Вікторія Олізе) - "Sunny" - I love how she's having fun on stage. I wouldn't have chosen this song to battle anyone but she's great because she's got the tone for it.

Blez Malaba - "Думи мої думи" - Just a reminder - he's from Kongo but when he sings Ukrainian songs it's hard to remember that. I love his seriousness about what he does.

Slava took Blez further.



Team Oleg

Olexiy Kirpach (Олексій Кірпач) - "Knocking on Heaven's Door" - Wow, this time the battle is called super battle for a reason. Olexiy was one of my favourites but now he's THE favourite. His emotions blend into his singing perfectly and his style is one of a kind. Also, the harmonica is perfect. It is my  favorite  performance of the whole season and I'm watching it for a 4th time now. Rock rules!

Artem Konratyuk (Артем Кондратюк) - "Соколята" - The song was chosen on purpose. It's about kids and Oleg has kids so the song will move him - that was pure strategy and I see it working. Everyone is crying but I cannot forget how Olexiy gave his all before so I'm not moved at all. Nice tone, though.

Artem was smart with his strategy and he won. I'm a little angry now, because it's not fair. But yeah the show will definitely go on, what a relief.


Also advanced: 

Team Tina
Olga Sivakova over Jovi
Taras Melnik over Julia Goryunova 
(Video)

Team Alexander

Sergiy Ruchkin over Olga Bogatyrenko
(Video)

Part 2

Team Oleg

Lyudmila Kapitonova (Людмила Капітонова) - "Ой, у вишневому садочку" - She's one of the most interesting acts left in the competition. She only sings folk music but is that a bad thing if she does it perfectly? The song is quiet but full of emotions and I like how Lyudmila gives her all but not overdoes it. My only concern is Oleg is known for dumping folk artists even if he is one of them himself (weird, I know, but he wants to get rid of labels and work with other genres too).



Tetyana Ogelevska (Тетяна Ожелевська) - "Коханий" - I like her less, I think there is a lot of playing on the scene. She sings perfectly and in the right manner though. I only think her niche is undefined and who will vote for her? I don't think any woman will. Other than that, great performance.



All the male judges prefer Tetyana (what a surprise) saying she's been perfect at delivering the emotion of the song (the word "erotic" was even dropped). Tina on the other side would've chosen Lyudmila because she sang barefoot. At the end of the day, Oleg chose Tetyna to be with him in the lives.

Team Alexander

Radmyr Muhtarov (Радмір Мухтаров) - "Behind Blue Eyes" - Young beatboxer was stolen from Tina. Would he stick in Alexander's team? I'd like him to because he deserves to. His performance was smooth and tasty (and I wasn't looking on him on purpose, just listening).



Natalya Isachenko (Наталія Ісаченко) - "My all" - Somehow I don't recognise her from before. Maybe because she doesn't have any personal approach when singing? Everyone was excited about her voice but I just didn't hear anything I haven't before. And her singing manner is way too cheesy.



Every judge gives his vote to Natalya. Apparently she lost her job because of The Voice. Slava even insulted Radmir saying he's not a strong man but a pretty boy and nothing else (that's why I was listening with my eyes shut). Alexander surprisingly chose Radmir and I applaud him, because that's smart.

Team Tina

London Hill - "Рідна мати моя" - When an act chooses a song like this one, it's pure manipulation (just like Artem). One of them should dump the other, I guess. This song was covered by so many great artists, the boys just do an average job with it.



Olesya Korchagina (Олеся Корчагіна) - "Je veux" - From the little French I know, her pronunciation is flawless (and she doesn't speak French at all). It's a weird choice but Olesya and weird are synonyms. She's a real artist, and indie artist if you'd like. Olesya is the clear winner of this battle.



Tina is a woman. That's the only explanation I have for her to chose the average duo over a real talent. She's supposed to be an artist to but I haven't see this side of her yet. All the other judge would've chosen Olesya and I guess the poor girl did the wrong thing choosing Tina at the blinds because she's heading home. Ugh. I really wanted to see her sing again.

Team Slava

Sonya Suhorukova (Соня Сухорукова) - "Family portrait" - Wow, I actually felt pain during her performance. I guess she knows what she's singing about. What a truly great performance, I'm speechless. One of the best yet.



Mikael Kiladze (Мікаель Кіладзе) - "Maxiniji Var" - Mikael decided to sing a Georgian song (not very fair, but okay). I have no idea what he's singing about but his voice and emotions are telling the story instead of the words. Pure beauty on stage, I'm speechless again. How come does Slava have a team this good?



It's an impossible choice, both of them are great. Slava chose Mikael (strategically?). I personally would've chosen Sonia but Slava has a proposition for her - he'll be her producer. Isn't that winning too? Congratulations to both of them!

Also advanced:

Team Tina


Team Alexander


Team Slava

Tufan Chigdem (Туфан Чігдем)  - "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" - Slava's team is way too strong. Tufan is a goner only because of his competition. But I enjoyed that a lot. There's a rocky vibe about him.


Otar Nemsadze (Отар Немсадзе) - "Jesus Christ Superstar" - I guess he can deliver any rock song perfectly. His level of energy is ridiculous. Watching him sing is like watching an exorcism. He's an obvious front runner not only in Slava's team but in the whole competition. He's not pretty when he's singing but I can't take my eyes off of him.


Slava takes Otar to the lives, of course he does.

Team Oleg

Rendall Gregory - "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" - Cowboy dedicated his (last) song to Tina. So sweet of him. He's a great singer but not an interesting one. I think his time is up.

Ivan Syarkevitch (Іван Сяркевіч) - "Очі волошкові" - He dedicated his song to Tina too, that's double sweet. He might sing the same songs every time but he does it with such a soft manner I can't get enough of it. He makes folk songs sound like ballad or love songs and they become current. His voice isn't loud or too classy, it's the voice of a storyteller and I really like it.


Oleg takes Ivan further so it's Rendall's time to leave.

The Super-Battles are over. Here's where the teams stand right now:

Team Slava

Blez Malaba
Отар Немсадзе
Христина Соловій
Мікаель Кіладзе

Team Tina

London Hill
Олексій Ковальов
Ольга Сівакова
Тарас Мельнік

Team Oleg

Іван Сяркевіч
Олена Жигарева
Тетяна Ожелевська
Артем Кондратюк

Team Alexander

Юрій Камбарян
Анна Ходоровська
Сергій Ручкін
Радмір Мухтаров
Share this :