photo banner_zps862673c7.png

Ola Weel Skram was the unfortunate contestant eliminated last week after singing the unlucky "Ambitions". This week, the contestants take on some of recent year's most iconic songs to some fantastic results. 6 of them made it this week, with the best performances being Carly Rae Jepsen's hit and a Pink Floyd's classic. You don't wanna miss it!

Videos after the jump ...

Georg Lipai

 photo GeorgLipai_zps5e27d7f2.png

"Radioactive" (Imagine Dragons) - 6/10 - He's not the best singer. He doesn't have an interesting tone. He's quite bland to be honest. So why include him? There was something about his performance that simply interested me. A bit of rasp in his voice, the excellent song choice, I'm not really sure. But his performance was more than decent even if he's just a front man of a pop group. - VIDEO

Siri Vølstad Jensen

 photo SiriVoslashlstadJensen_zpsa9504779.png

"Hot N Cold" (Katy Perry) - 8/10 - I'm not sure what I liked more. Her outstanding tone, her gorgeous vibrato, the original arrangement or the banjo. I've to say, it's between her tone and the banjo. Haha. Being serious, Siri's cover was totally impressing. I wasn't sure what she could possible do with this pop song but her countrified take was more than I could ever expect. She's shaping into a star. - VIDEO

Eirik Søfteland

  photo EirikSoslashfteland_zps1f8b1b31.png

"Wuthering heights" (Kate Bush) - 8,5/10 - Wow! This has to be one of the most interesting takes on this song. I've never seen someone done something like this with this song, which is usually reserved for the more quirky girls. I would've expected one of the Astrids to do this song but never Eirik. I'm still not 100% sure about his voice but if he keeps doing such different covers, I may jump on his wagon. - VIDEO

Astrid Smeplass

 photo AstridSmeplass_zpsa084ac08.png

"Call me maybe" (Carly Rae Jepsen)  - 9,5/10 - A fantastic song for her and an even better arrangement. It reminded me to Ben Howard's take on the song only that Astrid's take was a lot more bubbly than the former's. The smiles and the winks throughout the performance may  have been one of the cutest things ever. Her unique tone worked perfect on this song, giving her the chance to be both playful and original at the same time. She's my favourite and the main reason I'm covering this show.  - VIDEO

Astrid Sugaren

 photo AstridSugaren_zps2d5bba13.png

"Another brick in the wall" (Pink Floyd) - 9,5/10 -  It takes some balls to cover such a monumentally huge song and I applaud the risk she made. I've to say, it payed off. There were some things I would've done differently but overall, it was a more than splendid take on such a remarkable tune. Her vibrato created a fantastic sound and her unique tone made it sound a lot more epic than it already is. Of course she didn't even begin to touch the original but it was darn close. - VIDEO

Eliminated

Martine Rygvold

 photo MartineRygvold_zps1edc3349.png

"Smells like teen spirit" (Nirvana)  - 7/10 - The week I thought she wasn't an absolute mess and considered adding her to the list, poor Martine is eliminated. She was a bit shaky but I didn't think it really matter cause she was bringing the emotion to her performance for the first time. I felt every word she said and loved every decision she made. She didn't deserve to go home, not this week at least. - VIDEO 

Watch the rest of the performances HERE

 Through to the Top 7

 Steffen Jakobsen
Siri Vølstad Jensen
Eirik Søfteland
Astrid Sugaren
Astrid Smeplass
Sverre Eide
Georg Lipai


Share this :