Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

Claudia de Graaf, Sam Holden, Babette van Vugt and Laurrhie Brouns were eliminated during last week's Top 16, leaving each team with 3 members each and a total sum of 12 contestants competing for the title. Only 8 will remain after this show, will we have any shockers tonight? ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Marjet van den Brand

Photobucket

"Zwart wit" - 8/10 - Team Roel - Singing in Dutch yet again. I like some diversity and not hearing the same dire covers every week but I'd like someone else to sing in Dutch and not always Marjet. She does it really well but after three weeks, it has gotten a bit old This wasn't her strongest vocal performance either, the problem is that this isn't such a great song to showcase her pipes to begin with. I just feel she could have done better with a more appropriate song choice. - VIDEO

Floortje Smit

Photobucket

"Let her go" - 8,5/10 - Team Roel - She went in a different direction this week, taking on a less-rocky song. And unfortunately, she was unable to top her previous showstopper. I didn't expect her to either. That was probably the best she could do. This was a great cover nonetheless. Gorgeous vocals and despite her killer stare wasn't there, this relaxed performance was nice for a change. - VIDEO

Eyelar Mirzazadeh

Photobucket

"Try" - 7,5/10 - Team Roel - She'll likely get a boost due to her cute Ed Sheeran duet, which is kinda unfair to the other team members. They should have saved that duet for later. With that said, I've to admit that Eyelar delivered one of her strongest performances to date. It wasn't the best vocal delivery a contestant has ever given but her tender plausible emotional connection with the lyrics made it a lot better than it really was. Plus some of the liberties she took with the melody were really gorgeous. Not sure it was enough though. - VIDEO

Results

Photobucket

Coach's Points:

Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 33.5
Marjet van den Brand - 34
Floortje Smit - 34.5

Public's Points:

Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 44.6
Marjet van den Brand - 14.9
Floortje Smit - 40.5

Safe:

Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 78.1
Floortje Smit - 75

Eliminated:

Marjet van den Brand - 48.9

Shock! Eyelar is the one with the most amount of votes this week. I can't say I'm really surprised since I expected a boost due to the Ed's duet. I didn't expect it to be so big though. On the other hand, Floortje and Marjet weren't at their best tonight, so it was easily for Eyelar to top both of them. In the end, Marjet had to leave and while I liked her, I'm really glad Floortje got to stay, she's the real threat in this team .


Photobucket

Salóme Pieris

Photobucket

"Déjà Vu" - 7/10 - Team Nick & Simon - Bold move for Salóme. I guess this was a fitting song choice for her but I don't really know in which genre to place her. RnB maybe, but she's kinda bland for it. That's what happened with this song. She sounds like she's doing a good job but her voice has no real depth and the performance just feels bland. Good effort though and I'll take her over Johannes any day but I'm not sure this is the direction she should be taking. - VIDEO

Maame Joses

Photobucket

"Ain’t Nobody Home" - 8/10 - Team Nick & Simon - Something similar happens with Maame. Her first audition was one of the strongest but for the last couple of weeks, I've been missing something from her. Her performances are strong but she lacks something, attitude?, personality?, I can't point it but there's a quality that's not there. I enjoyed her performance a lot though, and she's my favourite on this team, the reggae feel made it sound quite fresh and her sorta scat felt really good. - VIDEO

Johannes Rijpma

Photobucket

"How You Remind Me" - 3/10 - Team Nick & Simon -  Still no country for him. Why does none of this acts take my advice? Haha. I guess his mentors thought a bunch of hot chicks would distract from Johannes dreadful vocals. That was painful to listen to, not even an ounce of feeling, it felt like he wasn't even trying and since he's not even trying himself, I won't try to listen to his awful voice anymore. - VIDEO

Results

Photobucket

Coach's Points:

Johannes Rijpma - 24.5
Salóme Pieris - 28.5
Maame Joses -  30

Public's Points:

Johannes Rijpma - 85.1
Salóme Pieris - 7.3
Maame Joses - 7.6

Safe:

Johannes Rijpma - 109.6
Maame Joses - 37.6

Eliminated:

Salóme Pieris - 35.8

Wow! Is the public deaf? Can't believe Johannes got 85% of the votes. What's wrong with you people? He's not that cute either. He must have a huge personality cause I don't believe her blandish voice and looks are getting him this far. I'm starting to fear he may win it all. Salóme and Maame are a bit bland as well though, guess that's the common denominator on this team.

Share this :