Photobucket

The Voice has become a really popular franchise so it's no surprise that Denmark has developed their own version. Judged by Aqua member Lene Nystrøm, Sort Sol member Steen Jørgensen, The Raveonettes member Sharin Foo and rapper L.O.C and hosted by Morten Resen, the show's already proved to be a success during the blind auditions, let's see if the show keeps being one when it starts competing against the X Factor.

Recap after the JUMP ...


Photobucket

Mette Uhrnfeldt vs Ida Lohmann
"Fighter" (Christina Aguilera)
VIDEO


Ida took part in the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix back in 2000, in which she placed 4th. She was almost cut during the blind auditions with only Lene hitting her button at the last second. Mette had a much better audition, and was still only picked by Lene, so I guess both are in the same condition. None actually sounds great, there are many off moments in both of them. I kinda prefer Mette, her voice is stronger and has an edgier tone. Ida's more of a pop singer and seems to be struggling with it. The battle is still quite interesting tough Mette should have won this one.

Winner:
Ida Lohmann

Thomas Solnæs vs Jesper Skovhus
"Animal" (Neon Trees)
VIDEO


Well, I guess we can't have a show full of good duets. This is awful. Jesper's a horrible singer and you'd think he'd be powerful but he's got a very weak voice. Thomas sounds decent at least, well, when he's not hitting a horrible note, but he didn't impress me at all. Can they both go home? I won't miss any of them. Well, at least whoever wins this battle will be a fodder coming the liveshows.

Winner:
Thomas Solnæs

Henrik Heiden vs Henrik Bruhn vs Janus Soliånd
"When Love Comes to Town" (U2)
VIDEO

Triple battle! This should be fun! None of this people impressed me the first time, maybe Janus a little, the other too are a blur for me, I don't even remember them. Haha. Out of the three, Henrik B is the one sounding the best, he's got a great rock voice, very powerful. Henrik H has a similar voice but it sounds  too sharp and it's a bit unpleasant. Janus was a little lost in this battle, I blinked and I missed him. My winner, totally Henrik Bruhn.

Winner:
Henrik Bruhn

Henriette Andersen vs Mathias Rønne Pachler
"Set the Fire to the Third Bar" (Snow Patrol featuring Martha Wainwright)
VIDEO

Henriette was part of The Fireflies, or still is, and she compited in the XF back in 2010 where they reached the 4th place.  I'd love her as a soloist back then, so I'm totally backing Henriette in this battle. I admit that Mathias has a nice voice but it's nothing I've not heard before. Henriette's got a more unique tone and though some people may think it's annoying, I just love it. Wow, Lene is all emotional. Admittedly, this is a beautiful song and a fantastic battle.

Winner:
Mathias Rønne Pachler

Rosa Skotte vs Christina Ross
"I Kissed a Girl" (Katy Perry)
VIDEO

Rosa is Liv's daughter but their voices doesn't sound alike. If Liv is folk, Rosa is pure pop. Not the best battle, probably one of the worst. The song choice is horrible and none of them is doing a good job with the vocals. Christina is struggling more than Rosa though, so I'd go for the latest, despite none deserved it. Oh look, lesbian kiss at the end! Suitable I guess!

Winner:
Rosa Skotte

Photobucket

Martin Preisler vs Marc Grabowski
"Get the Fuck Out of My Mind" (Tim Christensen)
VIDEO

Really weird song choice, considering it doesn't fit any of the contestants. That said, both sound quite decent with it, nothing amazing tough but it's all the song's fault. That's too much rock for me. I really don't know who should win this battle, either Martin or Marc. Martin does sound a little better cause his voice is more suitable for this while Marc's is a little more soft. I don't care who L.O.C picks ....

Winner:
Martin Preisler

Rebecca Melodee Ndigaye vs Clara Aagaard
"Bright Lights Bigger City" (Cee-Lo Green)
VIDEO

This is a bit bland. None has a strong voice but they indeed have interesting tones. Clara is sounding off in many, many notes, while Rebecca is at least sounding on tune. I'm not impressed though, I expected much more from them and none was up to the challenge. Can we cut both of them? If I'm forced to pick one, it's Rebecca.

Winner:
Rebecca Melodee Ndigaye

Pernille Leeloo vs Kim Wagner
"Teardrop" (Massive Attack)
VIDEO

This is a really unfortunate pairing cause both have a lot of potential as finalists. I was confident both were making it, now, I'm rooting for Pernille just cause I liked his audition more than his. Kim starts and he's got a great smooth tone, really impressive. Pernille's voice doesn't go too well with this song, while it's much more suitable for Kim's. I don't really know, it could go either way, though I suspect L.O.C is picking Kim.

Winner:
Kim Wagner

Ida Korsgaard Josefsen vs Noa Sophie Stoustrup
"Nobody's Man" (Tina Dickow)
VIDEO

I love Ida's sound. Her voice is incrediblly unique I'm amazed. Noa also has a beautiful sound, it kinda reminds me to Dolores O'Riordan's. Their solos were great but the chorus was weird, they both sounded off tune. But besides that, it was a great battle. I don't really care who wins, both are cool.

Winner:
Noa Sophie Stoustrup

Joakim Tranberg vs Pernille Helweg Larsen
"No Air" (Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown)
VIDEO

If this was the original duet, Pernille would be Chris and Joakim would be Jordin. And in this case, being Jordin is the good one. Pernille's voice is overpowered by Joakim's and I almost cannot hear her, her solo parts are nice but not as good as Joakim's, which, despite not being great, are clearly better than hers. None impressed me much though, and whoever loses this battle should definitely come back cause both have potential.

Winner:
Joakim Tranberg

Photobucket

Nesma Houmani vs Stella Danielsen
"Soon We'll Be Found" (Sia)
VIDEO

A great pairing here, plus a suitable song for them. Both have a really interesting tone which makes this a fantastic performance. Based on this both should make it but I think I prefer Stella to Nesma cause she sounds much more unique while Nesma sounds a little nasal. And by the way, how similar is Stella's voice to Sia's?

Winner:
Stella Danielsen

Simone Madsen vs Frederik Meyer-Zeuthen
"Someone New" (Eskobar and Heather Nova)

I didn't like Frederik at all during his audition, I loved Simone's though I knew she wasn't the best. Tonight, Frederik is actually really impressing me! He's got a fantastic tone and is nailing this performance, burying poor Simone, who is sounding well, but not as good as him. In a different battle, Simone would have probably won cause she's got a really commercial tone but here, Frederik is the best singer, so he's my winner ...

Winner:
Frederik Meyer-Zeuthen

Freja Kirk vs Louise Nyrup Jensen
"Cold War" (Janelle Monáe)
VIDEO

One of my favourite auditions was Freja's and I don't even remember Louise, so it's obvious who I'm rooting for. Louise's voice is very soulish, me likes it. Freja isn't sounding as good as I expected her too, Louise is sounding much better than her. Not the right song for Freja, if this was about the voice, Louise would win but we know that's not the case.

Winner:
Freja Kirk

Bjarne Langhoff vs John Olsen
"Don't Get Me Wrong" (The Pretenders)
VIDEO

I wasn't sure what to expect from this duo and being honest, I expected a failure, but they actually managed to deliver a pretty good performance. Their voices aren't much interesting but they can definitely sing. Bjarne's probably got a more interesting tone than John, he's voice is more interesting at least. But since this is Sharin who's been making the worst decisions among all the judges, we can't expect anything.

Winner:
Bjarne Langhoff

Anne Louise Krogh vs Amie Jones
"True Colors" (Cyndi Lauper)
VIDEO

Amie made it to the Judges Houses on the XF last season as a solo act and she also made it to the same stage in 2010 as part as a duo with her sister, so the girl knows something about this competitions. We never get to see her much back then, so I can't comment much. Amie's voice is very cute, I wonder why she never made it in XF. Anne Louise's is also beautiful, I like her more than Amie, her tone is quite interesting. I really don't know what else to say, both sounded really impressive so it's a toss up for me. I'd like to see both make it actually. Any chance of a wildcard?

Winner:
Amie Jones

 Photobucket

Nadia Bach vs Trine Dusine
"Zombie" (The Cranberries)
VIDEO

I'm not sure about this duet. The girls are not that similar and I think Steen should have paired them with other contestants. This still makes for a great battle cause this is a great song and both have strong voices. Nadia's got this powerful rasp, while Trine's much more soft. Nadia's sounding better tough, cause the song is more fitting for her voice, Trine did a quite great job tough.

Winner:
Nadia Bach

Nanna Kaad vs Daniel Holm
"First We Take Manhattan" (Leonard Cohen)
VIDEO


Naana was my fave during the auditions! I loved his unique style and his "Use Somebody" was kinda magical. I honestly don't remember Daniel, guess he was really forgettable. This is an awful song for both of them. Naana is sounding nice though, I still love her tone, reminds me a lot to Patricia from XF. Daniel sounds weird too me but not bad. My pick is Naana though, she's one of my faves.

Winner:
Nanna Kaad

Dea Romme Larsen vs Isabel Uweis
"1 Thing" (Amerie)
VIDEO

Both girls have really nice voices. I love both their tones, thin and unique. I wouldn't mind any of them winning cause both sound quite good on this. Isabel's voice is thinner while Dea's is much deeper. If it was up to me, I'd go with Isabel cause I like her tone a little more but I'm totally fine with Dea too, she sounds quite interesting.

Winner:
Dea Romme Larsen

Thomas Pedersen vs Bjarke Rasmussen
"Get It On" (T. Rex)
VIDEO

This is exactly the type of act I was expecting Steen to pick. I'm hating this. It's just awful country singing. Thomas sounds horrible to me and so does Bjarke. Thomas is too intense and Bjarke is too lightweight. If I was pointed with a gun and forced to pick, I'd probably be dead. Haha ...

Winner:
Thomas Pedersen

Louise Wæhrens vs Liv Skotte
"Set Fire to the Rain" (Adele)
VIDEO

Liv's audition was probably one of the greatest, I'm totally looking forward to what she does tonight. Probably not the song I would have picked for them but I don't doubt it'll be a great duet. Liv's voice is amazing, it may sound a little annoying at times but with the right songs, she'll deliver a great album. Louise's got a less powerful voice, more stereotypical and isn't as good as Liv but she could still shine as a soloist. But here, I'd definitely pick Liv.

Winner:
Liv Skotte
Share this :