Photobucket

With the battles over and an incredible talent poll, the remaining 20 contestants will now battle each other until one ultimately is crowned the winner. Tonight, Lene's and Steen's team will perform and not one, but two contestants of each team will be leaving us by the end of the night. Will it be a fan favourite? Will someone surprise us?

Recap after the JUMP ...


Photobucket


Mathias Rønne Pachler

Photobucket

"Hanging by a Moment" (Lifehouse) - 4/10 - I'm kinda pissed with him cause he got Henriette eliminated. Mathias sounds really off in this performance, the music is overpowering him and he's not been impressive at all. I'd be shocked if he makes it after this. He also gets to sing a line with Lene, who happens to have the most awful hair style I've seen in a while. - VIDEO
Thomas Solnæs

Photobucket

 "Red" (Daniel Merriweather) - 5/10 - I've always thought Thomas was incredibly boring and what a better way of proving me wrong than singing a Daniel Merriweather song? Major fail here Lene ... His voice is good but his plain dull look and this droozy performance isn't doing him any favours. - VIDEO

Henrik Bruhn

Photobucket

"Not Over You" (Gavin DeGraw) - 5,5/10 - This is one of Gavin's latest singles and though I like the fact that Henrik picked a contemporary song, I'm not sure this was the right one. His voice is more suitable for stronger rock tracks and not for this AC tunes. It was just ok, nothing else ... - VIDEO

Rosa Skotte

Photobucket

"In My Head" (Jason DeRulo) - 8/10 - Her battle delivery was probably the worst and she left no impression. Glad she's nailing this thing! She has Medina written all over her face. This girl could be the next danish pop princess. She still needs a lot of improvement but what she did to this Jason DeRulo's song showed lots of potential. I want to see more ... - VIDEO

Ida Lohmann

Photobucket

"Don't You Remember" (Adele) - 8,5/10 - This is a pleasant surprise. I totally get why Lene picked her in the first place, I wouldn't have ... Her audition was mediocre and she should have lost her battle but finally she's shining for the first time. What she did with this song was so simple and gracefull, that an interesting tone wasn't needed at all. And the feathers gave it a nice touch ...   - VIDEO

Photobucket

Nadia Bach

Photobucket

"Fever" (Peggy Lee) - 7/10 - Let's give props to Nadia cause she sang this almost acapella, well, at least till the chorus started. I've to admit Patricia's renditon on last year's XF was better than this but this one didn't fail to deliver. Nadia's tone was really sweet and despite sounding a little weird at parts, she managed to capture Peggy's feeling.  - VIDEO

Nanna Kaad

Photobucket

"In for the Kill" (La Roux) - 7,5/10 - Nanna is now brunette ... Nice change, at least she doesn't look like Sharin anymore. Weird songchoice but again, Nanna is really weird herself, so I guess this works with her. Still, the song isn't working at all. She's my favourite but I'm not sure I'm liking this performance, it's really strange. Her voice isn't noticeable enough during the performance, she got lost there.  - VIDEO

Dea Romme Larsen

Photobucket

"Son of a Preacher Man" (Dusty Springfield) - 8/10 - Before commenting on her voice, I can't belive they actually said this song was performed by Aretha Franklin, yes, Aretha recorded her own version but Dusty's the first. Did I like Dea's version? Yeah, though theere was too much melisma in it. I would've liked something a little more restrained but it was enjoyable. - VIDEO

Thomas Pedersen

Photobucket

"Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - 8,5/10 - Wow! I was picturing how my recap was going to look like before hearing to him (it was something in the veins of "How awful can this show get ...") but the truth is that Thomas totally surprised me with this heartfelt and restrained performance. His battle left me an awful impression of his voice but now I get why Steen picked him. That was really great.  - VIDEO

Liv Skotte

Photobucket

"Another Way to Die" (Jack White featuring Alicia Keys) - 9/10 - Liv is trying to be a rocker here! Never saw that one coming and honestly, it works! The staging looks great too and this song and her voice are a perfect match. Her voice is very unique, it shouldn't sound good but it does. That's what I like about her, there's no one who sounds like this. Love Liv! - VIDEO

RESULTS

Eliminated Contestants:

Henrik Bruhn
Thomas Solnæs
Nadia Bach
Dea Romme Larsen

Let's just say this was somehow expected. Henrik and Thomas were really boring, their performances felt flat. Nadia and Dea were the opposite to them, they both delivered great performances but the competition in their team was really so tough, so I'm not shocked either they were the eliminated ones.
Share this :