Joe McElderry has been really busy since winning the XF last year. But his efforts are finally here! Joe released his debut album, "Wide Awake" on October 22, 2010 via Syco Music. He promised an unexpected sound and it certainly is ...

Read my review after the JUMP ...

Buy "Wide Awake" HERE.

XF current winner, Joe McElderry, promised the album wouldn't be what we were expecting, and it certainly isn't. As many, I was expecting, and accostumed, a ballady soft pop sound, as we can appreaciate on his XF winner song. Well, the album is far away from that sound! Joe ditched his old style and is now going for a more giddy pop/dance sound. His voice is sounding really Mika-ish but I can still feel his unique tone in this one. Going to the album now, I must say I really like it! And I think I like this Joe more than the other ... The album gives such a feel good vibe! It may not have the biggest vocal abilities ever but it certainly is a fun and entertaining one! I'm in love with so many tunes from it! But I'll try to name my favourites ... "Until the Stars Run Out" is my first top song. It's so catchy! The little voices behind him saying "cause I gotta have" the whole song are so addictive! I can stop repeating them! I still don't like the fact that it has elements of George Michael's "Faith", but after all, it's a great song! "Real Late Starter" is another fabulous tune. It does have some silly lyrics but that's what makes it good! It's really entertaining! And finanlly, I'm in love with "Love is War"! The tune has great lyrics but what I like about it is the indian vibe it has. The backing singing seems to transport me to India and I really lke that! Summing up, this album is a must have in any music lover collection, no matter where this came from, it's amazing!

Watch "Ambitions" HERE.
Share this :