Photobucket

UPDATE: 2nde Nature is eliminated!! No more groups left!!! Yay!! Raphaël was B2.

We saw Omega finally leaving last week after a series of horrible performances, so there's only one group left in the competition now. Tonight, all the contestants will sing two songs and it will be epic! Who will face the axe? Will it be Sarah who has already been in the bottom twice? Or will it be someone who has never been there? ... It's time to face the music!

Comments, ratings, videos and translations after the JUMP ...



You may wonder why the video links aren't the same as always, well, the site that used to upload them isn't doing it anymore. I found a new one but they don't upload all of them and their names are mixed up, so if you click on a Florian video and it says it's Marina don't worry, it's Florian, cause I tried them all. I also searched for YouTubes. This is the best I could do, if anyone knows a better site, don't doubt in linking it in the comments.

Round 1

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Only Girl (In the World) (Rihanna) - 9/10 - Oh! Marina is copying Rihanna's X Factor UK performance, I'm not saying it's a bad thing though. This is really enjoyable! Her voice sounds incredible in this song and her accent sounds great on English, it makes the songs sound more unique. I love her phrasing and she's proved she's really consistent. There're no off weeks for Marina! Well, this is a really fun show! Lots of dancing, fireworks and staging. This has been one of her most entertaining performances! - VIDEO

P: I know it's not easy to start a show! You sang well,  that's for sure. When Rihanna sings,  she makes us to listen, she captures the attention. I know you try to but you haven't succeded yet! It was not bad tough!
D: Wow! What a great first song!  Bravo! If I was your coach and if I  had to give you some advice, because I love you and you deserve it, I would say hang on Marina , keep the energy til the end, you lost your grip at the end of that song. But it was great!
W: I agree with Veronica, the song is beautiful, I love it, you are vocally at the top but when you do a performance like that, be a little haughty my dear, do spontaneous things.
S: Marina, all I hear is that musically, there's nothing to say! There is undoubtedly progress! I saw the difference between rehearsals and your performance! I see the emergence of a superstar, it needs more work still, you're on the right track, you're growing!  Bravo!

Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

S.O.S. d'un Terrien en détresse (Daniel Balavoine) - 10/10 -  Florian singing in french is much better than singing in english. Oh! This is sounding really good! He's finally showing he has some vocal abilities! The performance has a nice classical vibe, almost  an operatic sound. Florian is doing some really nice falsettos here too,  which sound great! Why didn't you do this before man! This was definitely his best performance! It was emotional and he nailed that song! Congrats, keep it up for next week! - VIDEO

W: I was often severe with you about your  songs choices  and your performances. This is the first time you make a real vocal performance! I finally saw your vocal abilities, they are unbelievable!! Very good song and very good performance!
S: You showed us you are a f****** singer! Sorry, excuse me! Florian, you were  very impressive! But and  it's a "but" of encouragement. How old are you Flo?
Florian: 20
S: There is a difference between your age and the way you sing. It sounds a bit old-fashioned. However congrats! Compared to your age, I wanted something more fun but your vocal performance was perfect!
P: We often criticize you, it's true! Today you sang perfectly! I think this song wasn't a good choice! This song brings you to a vocal performance and  I'm looking for an artistic quality. You sang that song at the judges's house, I know you like it a lot but you cannot show us an artistic quality with such a song...  it  was much better than last week though!
D: I'm very proud of you! It was very difficult after last week's criticism! I would say this song is not dated, it's a classic, it's not the same thing! I'm very proud. We worked hard and we've got it right!

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Feelin' Good (Nina Simone) - 10/10 -  I adore this song! So yeah, lots of bias here! Loving Sarah and loving this song makes this an instant 10, I can't help it. I love her outfit by the way, it fits the song perfectly. This song sound amazing on quirky voices, as Patricia (from the danish XF) and Rebecca (from the UK XF) have proved and it does even more when a jazzy sound is added. Sarah is another example of how great it sounds! Loved it! - VIDEO

P: I don't think this is a good song choice.  It’s a good song yet!  Muse did a cover which was ranked as the best cover of that song and I personally didn't like your version! Your tone of voice is very interesting, a bit twangy.  There was little substance in your performace, I didn’t like it at all.
D: I really enjoyed your performance this week! There is a big difference from last week's performance! It's a new life for you baby! This kind of song suits you! Congrats!
W: I think it's the war between Henry and us tonight, he decided to be wicked! I'm in love today, I love everybody!  I think your  performance was amazing! Henry I know what you mean, I know the version you mention but I liked her performance, she gave  an ultra current, ultra chic jazzy side to her performance and it was very beautiful!
S: I know Henry was contacted by X Factor Mars, the planet Mars, we will send him very far and for a long time! Sarah you got class! I don't even want to defend myself, there is no artist like you in France. It was  the top class! You got my respect. No matter what happens I'm not worried about your future! Congrats and thanks!

2nde Nature

Photobucket

C'est dit (Calogero) - 7/10 - Mmmm ... This isn't bad actually but it's really cheesy. Their vocals sound better than usual but I can't like them, I just can't. Maybe it's the fact that I hate boybands or maybe it is that they just aren't good enough. Yeah, they sounded good tonight but they are really inconsistent and don't act like a real group. I wouldn't be surprised if they are cut soon.  - VIDEO

D: Wow! You have done group therapy or something? It was good! I'm glad to see you . Boys, you put on an united front! I was very worried for you but it was a good song choice. You were smiling, it was very cute to see your childhood photos. I liked it! Thank you!
W: I think you'll hate me, I'll be honest, I think you have to focus on your performance rather than on the group's existence, problems and so on! I have nothing against you but I honestly believe that each of you has a talent that deserves better than  focusing on such details that put us aside  from what you have to  do!
S: There is nothing personal  and I feel very comfortable talking about it since I worked on this song! So uh .. You speak Japanese? I feel like I was in Tokyo, the karaoke town!! How can we compare what we have just listened and the other performances? It was television and it wasn't  music!
P: Olivier, all tastes are in nature! You aren't master of good taste, you don't know everything about everything.  Boys, you were in a good mood, it was so good ! I'm really proud of you!  I know lot of people love you! Congrats !

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Time After Time (Cindy Lauper) - 10/10 -  Love, love, love! This is amazing!! Matthew's voice is sounding amazing here. He has an incredible phrasing and his tone sounds great. I love this stripped down emotional version of this song. His quirky unique voice is usually not heard much but tonight it's fully shown! And it's amazing! Best Matthew's performance? Definitely! - VIDEO


W: After the 2nd Nature's performance, Matt, your performance was really a performance! You can "do" a Robbie William. You can do pop music, you can do ballads and it was really great! Vocally, I loved it!
S: When I knew you were going to sing "Time After Time", I was skeptical and I'm rarely wrong and  ... it was great! I loved it! It was the great class! You gave us a personal version! Matt, it  was wonderful! The great class!
P: You know what ? I loved it too! It was a clean, great version, very interesting. I loved the dynamic you've put into the song, you have touched the audience! You see, I loved it!
D: Good job Matt! Listening to your performance, I forgot I was in a competition, I forgot we were live on TV,  I was in "the moment" with you and that's what I wanted! Congrats!

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Un autre monde (Téléphone) 9/10 - Dancing upbeat Maryvette tonight? I'm not the biggest fan of this one but this is still great. Emotional slow Maryvette works a hundred times better for me but since the judges told her to be more varied, she needed to do this. Her vocals are really good and quirky as usual and she's eating that stage! That was really dynamic and it was also really fun too!  - VIDEO

S: First: Congrats! You have a talent like no other! It's undeniable! I loved it! Just a small criticism: be more spontaneous. But you showed a very high level! Bravo!
P: We adore you Maryvette! You gave a lot of energy and I had a great time! You have talent, no doubt about that!
D: It was about time you offered us a performance like this! Bravo! You have Rock n Roll in the soul! Wow! I had a great time. This song suits you very well. I loved it!
W: I'm super proud, but I mean REALLY super proud! This song is very far from your musical unverse and you've nailed  it! You were alone on stage and it was fantastic! Thank you!

Raphaël Herrerias

Photobucket

Marcia Baïla (Les Rita Mitsouko) - 6.5/10 - WTF is this Raphaël?? That was definitely the worst performance of this first round.  He needs to nail it in the next one cause that was far from stellar. The song is all kinds of wrong, it doesn't show her vocal abilities and it's a pretty lame choice. Yeah, his vocals sound good but it's not impressive nor the kind of performance I'd like to see on a real show. I don't know what the judges were listening to, cause I didn't liked that at all. - VIDEO

W: Good! You lost control and it's good! I especially liked the end of the song when we could see your "crazy" side,  I thought "he feels all the feelings he's singing" and it was great!
S: Everything  happens! I had a great time! You printed your personality on the song. Oh F**k! It was great!
P: Olivier, you said a lot of swearings tonight!
S: I know and I apologize, you're not gone to Mars yet ?
P: No seriously, you say many swearings! Raphael at the beginning of your song, It sounded you were tired and I think you said to yourself "I can't  miss my performance!", and then you woke up and the end of your song was very good! I liked it.
D: Beautiful performance! I'm glad! It's not easy to perform such a song! You can be proud of  it and I hope people will follow you on this journey because I want to continue working with you!

Round 2

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

J'envoie valser (Zazie)9/10 -  Yay! My favourite Marina is here! She's performing a sweet slow piano performance, played by Olivier. Her voice in French sounds really beautiful, much better than when she sings in English, which isn't bad either. She's really in it to win it! She's really improved throughout the show and she's showing a lot of emotion when she does. - VIDEO

P: You were cute! Teacher and student! It was great! Marina, I think this kind of song suits you better. I felt the emotions.
D: I had a great time, you made me feel the feelings of the lyrics and it was very good. Olivier, congratulations! Marina I saw that you were a great performer!
W: Sublime! This song is beautiful and I wave "Zazie". Marina, you beautifully sang this song, it was super pretty,  honest! I got chills!
S: Thank you friends! I was reluctant to accompany on the piano because it's not my job but the friends with whom I composed "Mozart l' Opéra Rock" insisted and they said: "At worst, you'll be ridiculous in front of 3 million people". So I did it and I'm glad! Marina, I was very proud of accompanying you on the piano! Thank you!

Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

Wherever You Will Go (The Calling) - 7/10 -  Oh Florian! What happened?! I was starting to like you a lot more but with this you've fallen back to where you were. And it has also become really confusing. He's either the jazzy kid, the pop kid or the rock kid. Not the three of them. He needs to stick to jazzy tunes and not jump from style to style. His pronunciation was really bad and the whole performance seemed forced. - VIDEO

W: I prefered your first performance. This one lacked strength, in the end you gave energy and it was better but still ...
S: I don't understand your musical universe. I don't know what kind of music you're going to do in the future. But you have a "pretty face", you have quite a stage presence and you have charisma. You're sublime when you sing but I do not understand the path you're taking.
P: When you sing in English you have a Marseilles accent. How interesting! Tonight, you sang two songs so we can compare and it's interesting! I prefer you in the first kind of song like 'SOS d'un terrien en détresse ...". I think it suits you better.
D: Wow! We did it! I'm happy because we have chosen a song in English, we worked hard. Through this show we have the chance to try something different and personally I think this kind of song suits you perfectly. We'll see you next week! Good performance! Thank you!

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Je voulais te dire que je t'attends (Michel Jonasz) 9,5/10  -  This is the Sarah I love! She's honest, pure and emotional. Her quirky voice makes it really easy to connect with her, it makes her fragile and vulnerable. A very simple but highly emotional performance. I wish I could understand what she was saying! That was beauty! - VIDEO

P: I thought this song was suicidal but I was wrong. I had a great time. I haven't always been kind to you but tonight, something happened, I believed in every lyrics and I loved it.
D:  I have nothing to say about the voice, it was perfect, I'm a fan of your voice. We have seen that you danced well, you had a great stage presence but  you need to work on your rendition. But I loved your performance.
W: I'm a supporter  from the beginning. It is true that it's a big song, very difficult to sing because there are lots of melodic changes, it often rises a semitone so it's difficult! I had a good time. I felt that you were lost sometimes but it does not matter because being an artist means having moments of weakness, that makes  them "human" and your rendition touched me.
S: I have worked with many French artists and there are not many who have your talent. Bravo! It was magical, musically it was magnificent!

2nde Nature

Photobucket

Just the Way You Are (Bruno Mars) - 7/10 - Well, this is much better than their first one. Actually, I regret that. It started really good but something happened in the middle and it was not pleasant anymore. It seemed that each of them was singing a different song. The arrengment wasn't bad but their voices lack the power to perform this song.  - VIDEO

D: Wow guys! It's the right song for you! I think your musical arrangements are good! I love Adrian’s energy, we feel that he is fighting for his group and I love it! Bravo!
W: I'm suprised, I felt  like  it was another band! Your vocal arrangements are very good! It was really good! Bravo!
S: It was much better than your first performance! But there is something that bothers me, your vocals are recorded aren't they?
P: MG! You are so insincere Olivier!
S: There is no choir registered?
P: Not more than for other candidates!
W: We are free to do the same with our candidates!
S: Be honest! It wasn't bad but it was recorded!
P: MG! I can't believe it ! What a bad faith! Olivier doesn't admit you did a great job! Your musical arrangements were great! Thank you!

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Ma philosophie (Amel Bent) - 7/10 -  Since no one can stand Henry, and he's been constantly trying to make Matthew sing in French, he's giving it the pleasure of doing so. And you know what Henry? It sucks! After his amazing first performance, he's just gone like 10 steps backwards. He sounds good but there's nothing new or unique here, it was just a really decent performance but it was in French, so expect a lot of praising coming!- VIDEO

W: What happened to you tonight? Tonight, your performances were fantastic! Amel Bent has an incredible"flow" and you printed your own personality into this song. It was really good! This song is difficult because the pace of words is very fast, you made an effort and it paied off! It was magnificent!
S: You've got class when you dance! Henry said that in the UK there were many people who sing like you but people who "move" like you on stage with such a  class, there are not many! I had a great time and I think you are one of the best tonight!
P: Olivier,  you  distort my words and take them out of context! Matt, why were you afraid of singing in French?
Matt: I wasn't afraid. A good song, whether in English or French is a good song! The language doesn't matter.
P: You succeeded Matt! We laughed because you've changed the lyrics, it was a  girl's song and you've tranformed it into  a  guy's song,  you spoke about "British "and so on ..... I  understood every lyrics and it was great!
D: We have targeted the "moon" (she pronounced "moon"with an English accent: "Loune") and we touched it ! Yeahhhhhh! I'm super excited! You did it !!!!!!

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

We Are the Champions (Queen) - 10/10 -  Wow! Maryvette and Queen should make something epic! She's joined by Willem on piano. What is it? Sing with your coach night? This is a very jazzy and unique take on this song. Of course I'm liking it a lot but I know this will be really polarizing. There will be a lot of haters of this one. She's a bit too low and too quirky, much in the "Bang Bang" style. I loved that but I'm not sure if everyone will.  - VIDEO

S: Congrats Chris, I know it’s not easy, there are a lot of pressure, eh? Maryvette my comment will be positive but I think you went too far!  With you, we're on Radio Nova (it means we are on another planet)
Maryvette: I like Radio Nova!
S: This is musically  too intellectual, by far too trendy. I would have prefered it to be more simple. You saved your performance because you're a great artist and we need you.
P: It's funny, I agree with Oliver! Maryvette and Willem, you're both crazy! You make a damn pair! That said, there are moments of grace, but this comedy, this stuff is too trendy, it can become boring over time. Maryvette I adore you, I don't want to see you go away but stop taking this kind of risk! You are both mad!
D: I'm fan since the beginning and you're a great performer. Bravo! Great performance!
W: I make no apology about what we did with this song! This song is sublime! It's not too trendy, it 's graceful! In this version, I haven’t seen an actress, I saw a girl who lived fully the present moment and I was really touched. I was moved because I felt her fragility.

Raphaël Herrerias

Photobucket

Thriller (Michael Jackson) - 8/10 -  He's doing the Aiden version. I see similarites everywhere! From the arrengment to the dancers. I'm loving it though! Great comeback after the other trainwreck! Well, that's interesting! He's fasten it up! No more Aiden comparissons now! I wish he would have keeped it slow! The voice is good though, crazy Raphaël is definitely there! And he brought the dance moves! I've to give him extra points for the effort. - VIDEO

W: It was visually very pretty. I'm surprised but it was good!
S: It was a real risk-taking but you were out of tune from beginning till the end, your voice's tone was too low. You can do the show but I didn't enjoyed it.
P: I wonder why you gave an African dimension to a song which refers to zombies ..... I was disturbed. I stayed outside the performance.
D: We aren't afraid to take risks! We took a risk, we tried, we dared! I think you've met the challenge,  tonight. But we are able to tackle other challenges! So vote for him!
Share this :