UPDATE: Ed Ruyer is cut!! Sim'Ran where in the B2.

Last week, Angela saw her first act leaving the competition. It was the time to leave for the first group, Sway, whose vocal abilities had been proving to be not so strong. Tonight, the final 6 will perform two songs each, one in dutch and a duet with a dutch singer, so this will be a really exciting night! ... It's time to face the music!

Comments, videos and ratings AFTER THE JUMP ....



Sim'Ran

Photobucket

"Afscheid" with Glennis Grace - 9/10 - This seems like a great match. Glennis Grace has a really similar style and voice to this girls. This is really nice but the song is a bit boring for me, plus their outfits are a disaster. This is softer to what they usually show, which is a more disco pop performance. Glennis is a great singer! That voice is terrific and it overshadowed the girls a bit, whose voices are softer and sweeter, but a great duet overall!  - VIDEO

Pyke Pos

Photobucket

"If You Wanna Roll With Me" (Boris Titulaer) - 9/10 - Wow! This is a great song for Pyke! It's that jazz/funk vibe and his vocals are delicious here. He's showing a raspy soulish tone tonight which I've not seen before, but I definitely want to see it again! This is one of his best performances in my opinion. - VIDEO

Ed Ruyer

Photobucket

"Stil In Mij with Martin Buitenhuis - 4,5/10 - I've never heard of this singer. And that said, I didn't miss much. He's not interesting at all. This pair isn't also. The performance is really lame and boring, a rock band would have been a much better pick for Ed. This isn't an entertaining performance, I just want it to stop as soon as possible! And is it just me or Ed seemed completely lost there? - VIDEO

Rochelle Perts

Photobucket

"De Speeltuin" (Marco Borsato) - 9,5/10 - Some technical issues with her microphone happen, they change it. This is the first time she's singing in dutch if I'm not mistaken. And as obvious as it sounds, she sounds amazing! A very soft and emotional song, with the usual great vocals, without the swaggy attitude. This looks like a more vulnerable Rochelle and I'm loving her! More please!  - VIDEO

Adlicious

Photobucket

"Promises Promises"  with Lisa Lois - 9/10 - This will be great! Not my favourite song from Lisa but this is still a really good one. Their voices sound so well together!! And I'm definitely in love with Shirley's voice! This was great and Lisa did a terrific job, but after Rochelle's emotional performance, this wasn't so stellar. A great one still. - VIDEO

Rolf Wienk

Photobucket

"Ga Dan" (Gordon and Re-Play) - 9/10 - Oh, his father is named Rolf too. Funny, cause they look identical. This is, well, interesting. Not liking this song start actually. I knew it!!! I knew this song was familiar to me! "A Puro Dolor" is this song's spanish name. So loving the spanish part! I was hoping for more spanish performances from him and here we've got it! I want a full song now. But yeah, that part was really worth it. - VIDEO

Sim'Ran

Photobucket

"Ik Heb Je Lief" (Paul de Leeuw) - 6/10 -  Oh, they are singing to their families. Like literally singing to them . They are sit next to them in the audience. This is pretty wierd and boring actually. Is it emotional? Well, maybe for them. I don-t see much vocal power here. Just a very boring song for their families. It was pleasant enough but I was not impressed.- VIDEO

Pyke Pos

Photobucket

"No Mercy" with Racoon - 10/10 - What was that?! This Racoon band is really cool! I recommend checking his music. I know I will after this. This pair is really well thought. They work well together and the song fits Pyke perfectly. They guy is on a lucky strike tonight! Two stellar performances on the same night! This is definitely the best duet of the night. He gets a standing O from the judges, and he gets one from me also! - VIDEO

Adlicious

Photobucket

"De Bestemming" (Marco Borsato) - 9/10 - They start the song laying on the floor, much as the Rachel Adedeji way. It seems that all the contestants are doing the same thing. Doing an upbeat song as their duets and picking an emotional song for their solos. I'm not complaining still. This is the first time I've seen them singing in dutch also. They sound really good but I prefer them when they perform in English. And how many Marco Borsato's songs can someone stand?! - VIDEO

Rolf Wienk

Photobucket

"Jij bent zo" with Jeroen van der Boom - 8/10 - Well, this was meant to happen, after all, Rolf and Jeroen are really similar performers. OMG!! More spanish from Rolf!!! Bring it man! Rolf is singing in spanish and Jeroen in dutch. Ouch, that was a really bad note, thanks to Gordon from making us all notice it! Well, this isn't a great song, but they did a good entertaining job. - VIDEO

Ed Ruyer

Photobucket

"Saturday Night" (Herman Brood) - 7/10 - Mmm ... I'm not really liking this Ed's performance much either. He's got some of the inital Joe Cocker's vibes I saw on him but the performance was lacking something for me. It was a little plain. Yeah, he showed great vocals but it wasn't the best of the night. - VIDEO

Rochelle Perts

Photobucket

"Wicked Way" with Waylon - 10/10 - This will definitely by my favourite duet, cause I love them both. And yeah, I'm loving this! That start was great! The light focusing the one who was singing and the rest of the stage in black was genius. Their vocals are great. They work perfectly together. Waylon had this great soulish rock vibe and Rochelle added it her swagger! This performance and Pyke's duet were the best! - VIDEO
Share this :