UPDATE: Sim'Ran is cut at 4th! Rolf Weink is cut at 3rd! Rochelle and Adlicious advance to the final!

We said goodbye to Pyke Pos last week, the last remaining Over, leaving us with two groups, one girl and one guy. Tonight, not one but two contestants will say goodbye, with only the best to advancing to last weeks grand finale! Who's excited? I am!... It's time to face the music!

Comments, videos and ratings AFTER THE JUMP ....

Round 1

Rolf Wienk

Photobucket

"When Love Takes Over" (David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland) - 7,5/10 - Probably the worst song Gordon could pick for Rolf. Still, he showed some powerful vocals despite not showing any uniqueness in the performance. The dancing behind him was far more interesting. Wait. It wasn't. It was a mess. Rolf is amazing in Spanish and sometimes he's too in English but this wasn't the case. Good vocals, decent performance. - VIDEO

Sim'Ran

Photobucket

"Déjà Vu" (Beyoncé) - 8,5/10 - Beyoncé for Sim'Ran? Hell yeah! Sim'Ran is back at it's roots here! You know, the sassy girls with amazing harmonies and dancing we met at the auditions. This is really good! I'm actually impressed a little. Yeah, it isn't something we've never seen but they nailed that song! And is was incrediblly entertaining! - VIDEO

Rochelle Perts

Photobucket

"Bootylicious" (Destiny's Child) - 8/10 - Another Beyoncé song? (I know it technically isn't) Why not? Oh, what was that start girl? Stacey's face was priceless! I love Rochelle but I'm not liking this as I thought I would. The problem is the song, and the dancers behind her doing wierd moves. She wasn't focusing on the voice and that's what the semi-final is about! Too much dance, little singing. That final note was worth it though! - VIDEO

Adlicious

Photobucket

"One" (U2) - 9,5/10 - Oh, I love this song! And I'm loving this! Finally! An act that brought someting new to the table tonight! Their vocals are always flawless and their performances are the most enjoyable for me. A little bias there! I though hate when they go all disco pop. Glad they didn't do that here! All vocal amazingness there! - VIDEO

Round 2

Sim'Ran

Photobucket

"California King Bed" (Rihanna) - 9,5/10 - Another nice move from them! Rihanna, specially this song, is such a great pick for them! This sounds really great! I hate the bed though! Where have they been!! If they had done this before, they wouldn't have ended in the B2 so many times. But the question is? Is this really strong to beat Adlicious, Rolf and Rochelle, who have never been in the bottom? I'm afriad is not. But a great way to end their run! - VIDEO

Rochelle Perts

Photobucket

"Will You Be There" (Michael Jackson) - 9,5/10 - I'm glad she has a better second song than her first one. This isn't what I'd have picked for her but I see the sense in this. The dark stage and the dancers behind her really works. Plus she can add all those flavourish soulful notes to this song. Was it a great pick? No it wasn't but Rochelle had an amazing performance! It wasn't a showstopper but enough to make it to the final. Sure! - VIDEO

Rolf Wienk

Photobucket

"All By Myself" (Eric Carmen) - 10/10 - Wow! I wasn't expecting that! Not at all! Glad he's doing this! This turn on this song is really unique! In your face Pia Toscano! Mixing Spanish and English is what he does best! The Spanish verses are love! This may actually be one of his bests! The soft start and then the language mixing and those great notes have just made Rolf a real contender! - VIDEO

Adlicious

Photobucket

"DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" (Usher feat. Pitbull) - 8,5/10 - See? This is what I was talking about before. I hate when they do this type of performances. I mean, I don't hate them cause their voices are great but I just don't think this suits them. Performances like "One" will make them win the show, not this. It was still entertaining and it may be fun to dance to but I don't love this. - VIDEO
Share this :