Photobucket

UPDATE: Sarah Manesse is cut!! Why France??? WHY??!!! Maryvette was B2.

We finally got rid of the boring Florian last week, who ruined his chances with his sleepy song choices and his mediocre pronunciation. Now we have four amazing finalists! Two amazing girls, an Over and a boy! The quirky Sarah, jazzy Maryvette, soulful Matthew and perfect Marina. Who will fail tonight? Plus Cameron Diaz is judging the kids in the first half! ... It's time to face the music!

Comments, ratings, videos and translations after the JUMP ...



Round 1

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Sex Bomb (Tom Jones) 9/10 -  Oh Miss Liar!!! That's so sexy!! That start behind that screen was so cabaret and looked so good! Maryvette and Willem certainly know how to throw a great show. Cameron's face is so good, she looks really surprised by the jazzy quirky lady. The voice was flawless and fun like always, the first part was the strongest but the second brought the fun and sexiness. This was like being in her concert. Loved it! - VIDEO

S: I'm torn. I think you've done a half  job. I loved the first part. It  was original and it suits you perfectly, but I didn't like the second part . It was trivial compared to what you usually do.
P: Not easy to start a show eh? I loved the first part. It's very far from "Johnny fais-moi mal " from auditions and frankly you're a real sex bomb.
D: I like this kind of performnace, I think it suits you.  I like when you start the song in a different way and then you put it more groove. That suits you. I would go see a full show of yours. I had a good time.
W: You were sublime and it was magical. Olivier was jealous as usual but it was perfect darling! I love it!
CD: Your voice is absolutely fantastic and sexy and it was a beautiful song that allows us seeing your acting talent. I'm impressed you haven't slipped.  I almost slipped with my heels, it's so dangerous! (laught)  It was fantastic.

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

A la faveur de l'automne (Tété) - 8/10 - I've been liking Matthew a lot recently. He's sweet, unique and has a great voice. That said, the ladies are much more good than him, so I don't see any of them being cut before him, I guess it's his time to go now. Let's get back to the performance. It's the sweet slow ballad that he loves to do, plus it's in french. His voice sounds really beautiful and I bet he records beautifully but this performance is a bit boring. Yeah, it was sentimental and emotional but just a big meh. He could've done better. - VIDEO

W: Matt, I love this song. You improve yourself from week to week! I had a good time. It was beautiful.
S: I had a good time too. I closed my eyes to really connect to the song and I believed in your rendition. I thought it doesn't miss much for an extraordinary performance  .. For now it is good but you can still do better. You're on the right track.
P: Your voice was very good, very good arrangements. I liked Fred at the piano and Olive at the guitar. It was great. I'm glad  I've criticized you early about songs in French. Now it has become one of your strengths.
D: Wow! It was so good! I take advantage of the fact  we have a translator to tell you in English: Matt, I'm so proud of you! You did Great!
CD: It's beautifull. I don't understand French at all and yet I understood the message of the song. Your voice is very beautiful. Lovely.

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Creep (Radiohead) - 10/10 - This is one of my favourite songs in the world. The message in it is so beautiful and it's quirkiness fits me so well. This song plus Sarah are creating an amazing moment. She has to record this! This is definitely one of her bests and one of the most beautiful renditions of this song I've seen, it's actually my favourite. Her quirkiness and uniquenss made this song the perfect song for her, this is the best I've seen so far in this competition.   - VIDEO

P: We have often heard this song for auditions. It's a great song. I was scared for you but you had a very nice stage presence and a beautiful voice  timbre. This song suits you well. Thanks to your vocal technique you managed to get the message of the song. It was great!
D: It's true,  we often have heard this song during the auditions. I think this version is the best of any I have heard. I really enjoyed it.
W: I agree with Vero. I was a little worried I was wondering how you were going to finish the song starting with such high notes , but in fact, you have given power while remaining calm and controlled and I found it very beautiful. You've nailed it!
S: We're too consensual so, Sarah, I hated it! No, just kidding! That's what we call putting a mark on a song! I love this song and it was a magical moment. you're a great artist!
CD: This is really  a song which is right the line between  primal  "gut-wrenching" and fragility and there was a very nice balance between the two. It was lovely.

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Fuck You!/If I Ain't Got You (Cee Lo Green/Alicia Keys) - 9/10 - Marina is mashing to great songs. I don't get how both of them can work. Marina is definitely the pop star of the 4. She's entertaining, has great vocals and is really unique. She's like a french Beyonce! The start was good but when she got to Alicia's song, that's where she shined. She should have just sang that song. She's nailing it. Oh! She's doing the "Why?!" in "Fuck You"! Cameron looks so confussed! That was really cool Marina but I still don't get the mash up, it sounded wierd and disconected, if you wanted to sing those songs, you should have sang them separately, but still cool. - VIDEO

P: I laughed! I didn’t know we could say that word on television! Then I'll also say :"F***** you all!"It was great! I like when you're having fun! It makes you want more!
D: I love shows like "Glee", "Hight-school musical". I felt like seeing a show in Las Vegas, New York. You did a show out of the ordinary and I think your performance was amazing.
W: It was great, I loved it! I just have one small criticism to your coach, I think the transition to the second song, at the end, was a bit rough and I was shocked!. But despite the musical arrangement, you've nailed the song!
S: Ah, I didn’t  do the musical arrangements! I  pay tribute to those who make the musical arrangements, they do a great job! I think every week we  see international stars and there are not many who sing like you! It was impresive. At first I was a bit scared because you have made rhythmic mistakes but after, you rocked it! You deserve to be in the semis!
CD: I have to say I loved your performance! You were the one on which I had the eyes "glued" . Your voice is gorgeous and you're a very dynamic singer.

Round 2

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Tout le monde il est beau (Zazie) - 8/10 -  Well, this song is really lovely and has a great message but a song made of names is just wierd. I don't get why they picked this song. I guess it's ok for an album where there are 10 or so more songs, but when you only have two chances, you shouldn't sing a song like this. This is pretty boring despite Maryvette's great voice. Yeah, an amazing message but this isn't a "best message" competition, it's about the music. And that wasn't the best. - VIDEO

S: I have many things to say. You redid the same thing that in your your first performance, the first part  was sublime. I told myself if Maryvette had an influential  coach she would have had a symphonic orcherstra  and it would have been fantastic,. It was very beautiful and it made me think of Debussy, Ravel ... and then "boom", you take again your big clogs! I don't  think your performance was quite successful tonight. But, vote Maryvette!
P: What a comment Oliver! Maryvette, You didn't mention "Olivier", "Vero " Henry "," Christophe" in the first names! I think it was a real moment Maryvette in a slightly sweet madness that only you and Christophe are able to do. It was very trippy and very beautiful. I spent a beautiful moment.
D: This effort of memorizing first names deserves a 10/10. I'll have struggled to remember them all! I am a bit disappointed by the music. I was expecting something else in the second part! You deserve more than this kind of performance. Your performance is really great when you're in a well-calculated craziness and I prefer you in those moments .
W: I call defense! I don’t agree with Oliver. He really doesn't know what he wants, everyone has understood! When we do something very "manufactured", you don't like  and when we do something very pure and sweet, you say that it’s  not enough! I have no Philharmonic Orchestra in my disposal. We will ask the production and I think they'll love the idea! In response to criticism, I tink only Maryvette in this competition  can set the crowd on fire with such a song! I know you really wanted to sing this song for the message it conveys. I'm proud of you, I'm proud of your performance and I am proud of the message you want to convey.
(Editor's Note) This song is a succession of first,  names from all the countries. The only two sentences are: Everyone is beautiful. Too bad if it hurts Jean-Marie. (Jean-Marie in reference to Jean-Marie Le Pen, a former chairman of the political party "FN",  racist and xenophobic).

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Dynamite (Taio Cruz) - 7/10 -  No, no, no! This isn't good! His voice is horrible at the start! How can he sing so bad? It must be hard! The chorus was good though but his voice doesn't suit this song. He can't sing songs like this. This song is just suitable for dancing but not to showcase your vocals. I don't know what Vero was thinking, this was atrocious. Get back to sweet Matthew now! - VIDEO


W: Matt, it was pretty darn good!  You rocked the house! The public loved it, right? (Audience applauds and screams) That's the answer! So, BRAVO!
S: I'll break the mood! I'm sorry! (public) You can “boo”! I had a good time, it was nice, the song is good but at the level we are now, I wasn't blown away! I spent a nice time but it's  not enough!
P: Olivier “oulalalalala!” It’s true, you don't like dancing! Matt, I had a great time. You had a extraordinary stage presence! You're the best dancer of all the candidates of X Factor! You sing, you're not out of breath, you set fire! It was a great moment! It was great!
D: It was extraordinary. you have your place in this competition and you deserve your place in the semi-finals!
 

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Les Adieux d’un Sex Symbol (Diane Dufresne) - 8/10 - That start was a bit rough. Very out of tune. Her voice isn't suitable for a song like this. The song is pretty bad too. Her first performance was so much better and compared at this, this seems unprofessional and amateurish, her vocals are good but I'm not loving how they are sounding here. Sarah is much better than this. I'm not liking it at all. Sorry. I still want you in the final! - VIDEO

P: It's a strange  song's choice. It's a song of farewell! That is the meaning of lyrics, right? I am surprised but you sang very well and thanks to your vocal technique you managed to tell us a message that could be difficult to tell. Good job!
D: It's not easy to sing a song by the great Diane Dufresne! Your voice is beautiful but I'm sorry, I didn't like your performance. this song doesn't suit you, it's a song for an adult who has lived many experiences and I must be honest, I'm sorry, this is not a song that suits you!
W: My opinion is a mix between Henry and Veronica! I do not know if it's a good idea to take a text so hard! We are in a society so sanitized and someone so young who sings a text so violent, it's a bit hard! You did a good job. Vocally you had so much progress, bravo! I preferred the first performance but congrats because it was very difficult!
S: It's no longer a light-hearted song or a nightclubs song! And this seems strange when we enliven a text or put a bit of violence ....... Only a great artist can sing such a song. I believed every word. This song is very difficult to sing and you did it!

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Alter Ego (Jean-Louis Aubert) - 9/10 - This song is so good! Marina is so pretty singing this. It's very emotional and sweet. I'm a bit touched by it! Her voice sounds so much better in French than in English. It sounds good in both but when she does her French thing, I feel an uniquenss I don't when she sings in English. I'm liking this more than her first. Very beautiful Marina. You're definitely in the final. - VIDEO

P: What a pretty song by Jean-Louis Aubert and I think it was the best performance of the night ! You sang divinely and it touched me! Bravo!
D: It touched me too Marina! I think it's a beautiful song and it suits you perfectly! I do love your voice in this kind of performance!
W: It was very beautiful! The visual was very uncluttered, and your rendition was powerful! So many feelings! It was amazing !
S: Wow Marina! I've got chills. You know, we've worked so much and you did it! You proved to everybody you can dance, you can sing, you can be rock and sweet and graceful. Tonight we've got a beautiful facet of your talent.
Share this :