Photobucket

We are down to three after Restless Road was put to an end last week. While the boys promise to stick together, I just can't see it happening. It's the last opportunity for the Top 3 to impress the audience and win that 1 million recording contract. Will it be 90s rocker Jeff Gutt? Latino heartthrob Carlito Olivero? Or folk lovebirds Alex & Sierra? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap after the jump ...
Top 3 
"We Will Rock You"




Round 1 - Song To Win

Carlito Olivero

 photo CarlitoOlivero.png

"Impossible" - 5/10 - He wants the million dollar deal so bad. "There is no fairytale for me in my life if I don't win this competition" he says. He starts singing in Spanish, at least it's not just a line. I still found the flip-flopping distracting. He's vocals are pretty terrible here to be honest, he didn't sound any better in Spanish either. This isn't a finale worthy performance. "I am blown away by that performance and your story. The criticism is that you're still in your head but the good news is that was a very passionate performance" (Demi)


Alex & Sierra

 photo AlexampSierra.png

"Give Me Love" - 9,5/10 - Sierra was the one who had to convince Alex to audition for the show. I thought it was the other way around. Simon wanted the Groups because of them. I bet he'll make them happen whether they win or not. They already sang this song, during the Top 13 redux. I don't really mind since the first time it was way too short though a new song would've been even better. Their voices are simply gorgeous. Alex was specially great tonight, he shines when he has his guitar, but Sierra's final line, so full of emotion, gets my standing ovation. "I'm so happy that we are able to see how far you guys have come. Your vocals, the way you are easily doing your falsetto, is so amazing to me. Any label would take you on right now, they'd be crazy not to" (Kelly)


Jeff Gutt

 photo JeffGutt.png

"Dream On" - 8/10 - His journey has been longer than anyone else's. He auditioned last year but didn't make it past bootcamp. He thanks Kelly for being his mentor, he wouldn't have been able to do this without her. Jeff goes full on rock man on us. His voice had a nice gruff and he hit some rather hard notes. He may not be the most contemporary act but you can count on him to deliver a killer vocal. I don't know where he fits in the market though, maybe in a Daughtry-esque band? "For me this is the very first time were I've actually believed that you believe that you can win the show. Everything just felt authentic, I think you are the real thing" (Simon)




Paulina Rubio
"Boys Will Be Boys"



Round 2 - Musical Hero Duet

Carlito Olivero

 photo CarlitoOlivero.png

"Stand by Me" (with Prince Royce) - 5/10 - I wonder who this Prince guy is. Has anyone ever heard of him or is he just some random guy who was in the audience who happened to be able to sing? He's exactly the type of artist Carlito probably wants to be, only better. This is quite dull, this duet won't do him any favours. "I felt like that was really easy for you. You have to see yourself up there with him" (Kelly)



Alex & Sierra

 photo AlexampSierra.png

"Bleeding Love" (with Leona Lewis) - 7,5/10 - Very slow arrangement. Super slow. I like it though. It dragged a bit but it gave them the chance to focus solely on their vocals. I wish they had used Leona's ability a bit more, a more dramatic arrangement would've made this a much more powerful performance. Cute. "I felt like it wasn't your best performance. Obviously Leona killed it and she outshined you a little but I still think you still have what it takes to win this competition" (Demi)


Jeff Gutt

 photo JeffGutt.png

"Iris" (with John Rzeznik) - 6/10 - Did the Goo Goo Dolls frontman forgot the lyrics to his own song? It certainly seemed so. And that wasn't the only time he made a mistake. To be honest, Jeff totally outsang John. There was something weird about the way John was singing tonight or maybe he always sounded like that. That said, his tone is way more interesting than Jeff's, the latter's has no identity and it became clear with this performance. Decent duet. "I think all this weeks you come across like a beautiful musician father and when I see you up there performing with everything I just remember one thing, rock and roll never ages" (Paulina)


Round 3 - Song of the Season

Carlito Olivero

 photo CarlitoOlivero.png

"Maria Maria" - 6,5/10 - The opening is quite epic so I was a little disappointed when he started singing this cheesy old fashioned song. It's his best of the night certainly but when what came earlier was decent at best does it really matter? He gave it his all though. I don't think Carlito can win nor get the second place. He should be thankful he made it this far. I never expected him to make it this far and I don't think he did either. "You came here with a dream and this is the dream. I think you have the passion to give it all and that's why we admire you so much" (Paulina)



Alex & Sierra

 photo AlexampSierra.png

"Say Something" - 10/10 - I don't think I would've picked this song as their reprise. It happened just two weeks ago, then again, I don't know which song would've been better. This was just so strikingly beautiful. I believe it's even better now. I love the fact that they didn't take their eyes off each other. They are the winners, there's no doubt about that. "You are exactly what a talent show needs. You are current, I think you are gonna have a successful career but based on what you've achieved throughout the competition, I genuinely believe that you deserve to win this" (Simon)


Jeff Gutt

 photo JeffGutt.png

"Creep" - 7/10 - Clever reprise. This was his audition so I bet not many people remember it. I don't for once. I preferred Jeff's vocals on "Dream On" but he was pretty good here as well. His falsetto was horrible and his constant movement was distracting though. Had he just stood still, it would've been much more captivating. "I can't tell you how much watching you grow, the last couple of weeks has been my hearts joy" (Kelly)



Ranking
  1. Alex & Sierra
  2. Jeff Gutt
  3. Carlito Olivero
Results


Top 13
"One"




Christmas Songs

Carlito Olivero

 photo CarlitoOlivero.png

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - 5/10 - Breakdancing elves. Haha. Hilarious staging. Carlito and Christmas music don't really work well together. His singing ain't bad but not suitable for this type of music.



Mary J. Blige
"Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer"





Jeff Gutt

 photo JeffGutt.png

"O Holy Night" - 6/10 -  The staging is really cool. Probably cooler than the actual performance. It wasn't bad necesarily but Christmas music can be dull and that's what Jeff delivery was. His singing wasn't the best either.



 Alex & Sierra

 photo AlexampSierra.png

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" - 8,5/10 - This is the best Christmas performance. It may have to do because this two are so great when they perform together. The sparks just fly between the two. Lovely vocals as well, they sang it exactly as it was meant to be sang.




That was tasteless.

Lea Michele
"Cannonball"


Third Place:

Carlito Olivero

Obvious result. He must be glad though. Unfortunately, I don't really see a career for him but who knows, I may be wrong.


Leona Lewis
"One More Sleep"


Pitbull feat Ke$ha
"Timber"




Top 2
"Love Me Again"



One Direction
"Midnight Memories"



Runner Up:

Jeff Gutt

Winner:

Alex & Sierra

Thank god they won! Simon must be so glad. They were on a league of their own so had they not won the whole show would've been a total joke. Hopefully Simon is able to work his magic on them and make them as big as One Direction. They deserve it.
Share this :