Photobucket

Averaging a solid 11 million viewers on it's premiere, the XF is looking better than ever. With a strong judges panel which seem to work perfectly together and a great talent poll, this sereies is already showing a lot of promise. Let's see if both the judges and the contestants can keep up with the success ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos, plus a live feed, after the JUMP ... 




WATCH THE SHOW HERE OR HERE

Johnny Robinson - This one was a surprise. I can't say I liked it though. He comes off as incredibly annoying, without mentioning that he looks as a massive joke act. He's inexplicablly singing "At Last", and what's even worst, the judges seem to like this! Yeah, it's certainly really strange and he sounds like a chick, but he's zero star potential. Even his voice sounds annoying as hell! Anyhow, he sails to bootcamp with your yeses. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Love is in the air and we got the first marriage proposal of the XF!!! Samantha Hallam is surprised by her boyfriend while auditioning with "Sex on Fire" and much to the surprise of everyone, he proposes right on the spot! She goes all emotional as expected and accept. And she gets four yeses. Happiest day of her life? - VIDEO

Photobucket

Derry Mensah - Coming from Croydon, this 20 y/o sole reason for auditioning for this show seems to be Kelly. They guy has a huge crush on her, verging on the creepy. This all looks like a way of impressing Kelly, and she's liking it! His got a soothing soulful voice which isn't bad at all. I've to agree with Kelly and Louis, he'll be really good in a group. He gets four yeses, and a kiss from Kelly! He got what he wanted! However, The Sun is reporting he has a criminal past, so he might be cut for that ... VIDEO

Photobucket

And it seems Derry isn't the only one wanting to share his love! Kelly wants also! We're getting a montage of Kelly lovers and she going all flirty and hot. And saying "He's so cute!" a lot! Even to 19 y/o hopeful Stefan Romer, who impresses with his cheekiness and raspy vocals, I guess he's another Frankie Cocozza? I like this version much more! - VIDEO

Photobucket

Mark Byron - He's the first auditionee from Liverpool and he's hoping to show what they have! And he fails outstandingly. No, no, no, no ... VIDEO

Craig Colton - He tricked his parents to be on the audience, he didn't tell them he was auditioning. He's got double the preassure. He's singing Adele's "Hiding My Heart" and it's a really beautiful rendition. Definitely not what I was expecting! He's got some folkish sounds mixed with some big pipes, making an excellent recording voice. It's a really interesting audition overall. He can be in the liveshows if he keeps this up. Craig gets four yeses and a standing o from the audience. Amazing! VIDEO

Photobucket


The Duos - They are the first group of this series. And they are atrocious. Their accent is funny. I wonder where they are from. The married couple murder Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy". Certainly funny though ... (VIDEO). And now we see many disastrous grous, leaving us to wonder if any good act will come out from this category. Until the next act shows up ...

The Keys - They look up to Gary's band and they are much better. They have great harmonies and a really interesting mix with the beatboxing, the rap and the soulful vocals. I never thought I'd say this about a boyband, but I'm really liking this group. Their voices are amazing and really smooth and they really show potential. By the way, I've noticed I know one of this guys! See the second guy starting from the left, the one in the white t-shirt? Well, his name is Lewis Codling and he was part of now cancelled show "Don't Stop Believeing" (which I covered), where he was part of the Super Group, and he was definitely my fave there. (VIDEO) - VIDEO

Photobucket

Misha Bryan - She was abandoned by her mother, never knew who her father is and was raised by her aunt. The girl is channeling Aretha Franklin and nailing "Respect". She's definitely this year's Trayc Cohen, I dare to say she's even better! She's got a lot of sass and there are a lot of things I like of her RnB powerhouse vocals. She's bringing the house down! The judges love Misha, and she's off to bootcamp! A lock for the liveshows? - VIDEO

Photobucket

And a little something from The Xtra Factor, which I usually don't watch but I saw some interesting people worth mentioning were shown there ...

Luigiano Paals, the X Factor Netherlands contestant who came 6th during his season showed up in front of the judges for his second try for the format. When asked what happened on the Dutch XF, he says that they didn't understand him, the more normal the better. I wouldn't call Rochelle normal man. I'd say you were a fail there. Fortunately, he's much better here. His voice shows a lot of improvement, I'd like seeing him again. Of course he gets four yeses. - VIDEO

Another contestant that impressed was glamorous 18 y/o Gemma whose big sharp voice wowed everyone and sent her straight to bootcamp. The main critique for her is that she needs to play younger, I don't see what's wrong with her as it is, I loved that! - VIDEO

And the final surprise was Roger Boyd (32), who says he's inspired by Su-Bo. Well, he certainly has the looks but that he has the voice? Well, he does! I can't say I like it but he's got a great voice. And everyone liked it so .. That was a better surprise than horrid Johnny. I still don't see him making it to the lives, not even to the JH, but who knows? Louis loves this wierdos. Haha. - VIDEO

Share this :