This will be a new section being posted all Sundays (I get to see the show on Sunday). I'll give my thoughts on each remaining contestant performance. They are ranked being the first my favourite and the last the most forgettable of the bunch. This is my favourite Idol season, despite many saying this is one of the worst, it has so many talented female singers. It is definitely a girls year. So, here we go.


THE BOYS:

1) Alex Lambert - “Everybody Knows” by John Legend. Yeah, I'm giving the top place to Alex. Despite his lack of stage presence, this guy has talent. I really liked this acoustic performance of the song and I must say it was my favourite of the night. His stage fright really shows though. He didn't look too comfortable but definitely better than last week, a huge improvement. What was that thing he said, he invented an idiom? Intigued, what was he saying?. Another performance like this will get him a spot in the Top 12, and, even if he sucks, I think he will still make it. His voice is unique and he is cute, earning him some of the women votes. Plus a beautiful recording voice, have you heard the iTunes versions? Excellent.


2) Lee Dewyze - “Lips of an Angel” by Hinder. I didn't like his performance much but I'm his fan. Chasing Cars was amazing. He has proved that he can arrange songs to make them their own and he has a pretty good voice. As Alex, he should get rid of his nerves and then he will have an amazing performance. He won't have any trouble making it in the Top 12 as long as he presents a good song, if he doesn't he might be in trouble, but I don't think he will.





 

3) Casey James - “I Don’t Want to Be” by Gavin Degraw. I didn't liked him before this, his audition and last week performance were both awful. But he really improved. He also has a good raspy voice, perfect for a soulish rock. Another who won't have problems in  the result show. What's going on with Kara? Paula's scandal 2?







4) Michael Lynche – “This is a Man’s World” by James Brown. Does anyone hates this guy? He is to good to be hated. His baby story is old history by now, stop showing it!. Good big voice, I think the biggest in the bunch. Despite this, I'm not too excited with this guy, he doesn't bring anything special or unique as the others do. Will he make to the Top 12? Sure he will. Will he survive after this? If he brings something new, he will, if he doesn't, he may be in trouble.





5) Andrew Garcia – “You Give Me Something” by James Morrison. Andrew is slowly falling and loosing some fans in the way. Since Straight Up in Hollywood week, he has failed to impress. He is a really amazing singer and arranger, but unless he presents a good song on Wednesday, I think he will be in serious problems. Many suggested this is a strategy to make the early frontrunners not to look as one, but I think it's not, the guy is becoming more boring with each week. Will he make it? Yes, he still has enough fans to get him a spot on the Top 12. Will he impress us this week, the fan number will increse.



6) Tim Urban - “Come On Get Higher” by Matt Nathanson. Tim is slowly scaling in my ranking. Despite what everyone says, I like this guy. And I agree with Simon, he improved a lot since Apologize. I guess everyone thinks he should leave because he took Chris (who wasn't good at all) place. Come on! Get over it. The kid is good. And be prepared, he will make it to the Top 12. You know, shirtless pics = votes.






7) Todrick Hall - “What’s Love Got to do with It” by Tina Turner. Todrick, Todrick, Todrick. What are you doing? Are you trying to ruin your chance on Idol by picking horrible songs and making them even worse? Did he actually writted a hole play? He can sing. I guess he is the one who is leaving on Thursday, unless he does what the judges said, JUST SING.






8) Aaron Kelly - “My Girl” by the Temptations. The other guy leaving should be Aaron. America really wants Clay Aiken's little brother? He is just bad. I can't stand him. I don't like the country vibe he is pulling and his voice is awful. I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't leave.









The Girls:

1) Lilly Scott - “A Change is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke. I just love her. I love her indie vibe, her voice, her look. I just love her. She is definitely the one to beat. She has a beautiful and unique voice, plus a cute phrasing. Unlike some of the other girls, she (as Crystal does) knows who she is and who she wants to be as a singer. This girl could make it top the Top 2 if she keeps impressing us. She has proved consistency since Hollywood, bringing uinque and strong vocal performances. I was truly fascinated with her performance. The best of the night by a million. Will she leave I'll quit watching the show. I love her that much.

 2) Katelyn Epperly - “The Scientist” by Coldplay. The other girl who impressed me. In comparison with Lilly, she hasn't been so constitent. In week one she was forgettable but she is in a leage of her own after this. She had one of her first moments. It was a bit slow, but not as much to fall asleep, Ellen: You were not funny ruining her moment. She became relevant with this. Amazing vocals and nice piano playing. Totally Top 12 material.




3) Lacey Brown - “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer. I'm a fan of hers. She has one of the most interesting voices on the show, she is like the Megan Joy of this year. I totally understand why she was cut last season, she and Megan have similar voices. You may be impressed of her high ranking, but I consider the song was good. Despite some pitch problems, she is amazing. I'll feel bad if she doesn't make it to the Top 12. She shoul bring an excellent performance like Wonderful World in order to continue, I'm afraid if she doesn't she will have problems. But I suspect she has a big fan base in order to keep her in, despite the song she sings.



4) Siobhan Magnus - “Think” by Aretha Franklin. She's a little quircky thing, and I love it. Funny mohawk cut. She has proved to have the best vocal range of the girls. She could really sing anything, and it will still sound amazing. I liked her version, despite some afination problems, that high note at the end was crazy. She gained some fans for that. Top 12? Sure, she is one of a few to have a spot assured.






5) Crystal Bowersox – “As Long As I See The Light” by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Crystal is a real artist. She is that package Kara always talks about. Good voice, good look and she really knows who she is and what to sing. I ranked her low just because I'm not really a fan of hers, but I still like her. The girl has talent and she is the new frontrunner. No doubt she will make the Top 12.


6) Didi Benami - “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers. Once frontrunner now hardly criticised by the judges, Didi may be in trouble this week. Although I think she wasn't that bad, the judges did, so America did too. She gots a beautiful tone and she is beautiful. She must choose a song that impresses us all like Terrified. Unless, she does this, she will be splitting votes with Katie and Paige and her future on Idol will probably be ending.





7) Paige Miles - “Walk Away” by Kelly Clarkson. Nice girl, great personality and good vocals. Had the producers showed her more, she'll be the frontrunner. Colouring books?, that doesn't works. Good song choice, but a bit forgettable. I¡m in love with her big owl eyes. I would rather see Paige leaving that Didi or Lacey.







8) Katie Stevens - “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae. She can say “Give me a kiss” in 6 languages. Is that even a talent? She is too young and unexpirienced, should have waited a year or so to audition. With so many unique girls, Katie will probablly be eliminated for being too simple.









So my predictions are that Todrick, Aaron, Paige and Katie will be eliminated despite what they do. There are more talented contestants that them.
Share this :