Photobucket
Sydnee Carter was sent packing last week when she faced the dull Jason in the B2. We also found out how the remaining acts are ranking and to everyone's surprise, the mediocre Brothers 3 is topping the vote. Tonight, the top 8 will be taking on rock songs and one more will be leaving us ... This is the X Factor!

Recap and videos after the jump ...

Dean Ray



"New Sensation" - 8,5/10 - He was shocked to find out he came out second in the vote since he figured out more people were hating him than loving him. This is clearly Dean's week to shine and he's doing so by channelling INXS. He was so in the zone with this performance, it wasn't his best, but at least he got to enjoy it and make everyone else do as well.

Rochelle Pitt



"Heavy Cross" - 5/10 - She was very disappointed after last week's mess. What were they thinking when they put her on that wig? Or in that outfit? She looks hideous. Vocally, this isn't any good either, I don't like how she's sounding on this, as Dannii noted, it didn't feel natural. I kinda hate it to be honest, such a bad song choice. At least she remembered the lyrics.

Tee



"Don't Stop Me Now" - 5,5/10 - He's doing Queen again, since he already did it at his audition. Out of all the songs available, they settled on this one? It's doing Tee no favours, he does sounds fine on it but it feels very manic and old fashioned. He could be in trouble after this.

Marlisa Punzalan



"Nothing Else Matters" - 9,5/10 - An amazing choice for Marlisa. I'm stunned at how she's delivering this performance, it was as if her dull eyes suddenly came to life tonight. Fantastic, captivating vocals. I didn't think she got it in her but tonight, she's proven me wrong. If she keeps this up, there's a place in the top 3 for her.

Reigan Derry



"Boys in Town" - 9/10 - Reigan certainly looks the part of a rock goddess. It amazes me how at ease she looks when performing and how each time she takes the stage, it's completely different from what she did the week before. I'm not crazy about the song choice but she definitely gave it her all, when she got down on her knees, I knew I was looking at a true star.

Caitlyn Shadbolt



"Closer to the Edge" - 3/10 - This week, it's all about the vocals. What's happening to her? I can barely hear her voice. This performance is a true disaster, the song choice is horrible, she's barely audible, flat and had many bum notes. If this is what Ronan considers focusing on the vocals, he's the wrong idea. It shocked me that both Dannii and Nat fake praised her and only Foo spoke the truth.

Jason Heerah



"Seven Nation Army" - 7,5/10 - Foo was shocked Jason was in the B2. Seriously? Wow. His eyes totally spooked me. He looked completely deranged. I liked this song for him and I've to say this has to be his most exciting performance. Still found him unoriginal and I feel I will never change my mind.
Brothers 3



"Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" - 2/10 - Shardyn, Tayzin and Makirum - They didn't expect to be #1. No one did. Eh, this I wouldn't consider rock. It's very bland. Their vocals are weaker than ever tonight, though they thankfully avoid being cheesy because they've got their guitars. This just wasn't for me. 
Ranking:

  1.  Marlisa Punzalan
  2. Reigan Derry
  3. Dean Ray
  4. Jason Heerah
  5. Tee
  6. Rochelle Pitt
  7. Caitlyn Shadbolt
  8. Brothers3

Results

Top 8
"Maps"



B2:

Rochelle Pitt
Caitlyn Shadbolt

Caitlyn Shadbolt - "Before The Worst" - This is an odd choice for her. It makes no sense. Why isn't she singing a country song? This performance is weak but not bad per se. I just wasn't expecting something like this.



Rochelle Pitt - "Respect" - She looks extremely happy to be performing, I guess she figures it'll be her last time. I hope it's not. She's given us some great performance, more so than Caitlyn. Her save me song is also infinitely better. I've no idea how the judges could justify sending her home after what Caitlyn did.



What the hell? Since Nat isn't here, the judges will only determine who is sent home if they come up with an unanimous decision, if not, they'll go to deadlock. It's obvious they won't.

Ronan sends Rochelle home.
Redfoo sends Caitlyn home.



Eliminated (via deadlock):

Rochelle Pitt

How did Caitlyn get more votes than Rochelle last night? I hated what Rochelle did but Caitlyn was a disaster. Oh well, the live shows get more and more boring as time goes on but as long as Dean and Reigan are there, I don't care.


Share this :