photo nouvellestar_zps22bcca3e.png
Timothée Rossignol left last week after yet another disappointing performance. Tonight, the remaining 6 contestants will sing two songs each, hoping to avoid getting the chop. fun.'s hit "We are Young" and Pink's "Raise Your Glass" were both covered, but were those efforts enough to avoid elimination?

Recap and videos after the jump ...

Round 1

Paul Kay

  photo PaulKay_zps5af5e2bd.png
Part Time Lover - 5/10 - It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It was just correct. He sang it well but it wasn't unforgettable. This song was just too big for him.

Sinclair : You were thinking too much. It was too refrained.
Maurane : I liked your sobriety but I'd have liked to see you more invested.
Olivier : I didn't feel anything special during the song.
André : This song suited you, you made me forget Stevie Wonder.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Flo (Florian) Devos

  photo FlorianDevos_zps89acd3c2.png
My Song of You - 2/10 - I don't understand the judges. That was awful. He was out of tune and boring and I just kept waiting for him to fall asleep at any moment of the song.

Sinclair : Your interpretation was fragile, on the edge of ridiculous.
Maurane : I'm charmed. But there were too many imperfections in your pitch.
Olivier : I was hesitating between blue and red. This song is impossible to sing but I like the fact that you're a fighter.
André : Your emotion touched me.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


Julie Solia Annie

  photo JulieSoliaAnnie_zpsac2c55f1.png
C'est beau la bourgeoisie - 10/10 - That was absolute perfection. This song is a joke song and she totally understood it. She had fun with it and so did we. I loved the way she danced around, plus she sang it really well. And her rap at the end was a brilliant idea. I love this girl.

Sinclair : I was scared at the beginning. This is a difficult exercise and I love that you let yourself go.
Maurane : You sing like a goddess. You dare everything and I love it.
Olivier : I love the way you think. You didn't just make the show, the singing was here.
André : You're an intergalactic show-girl. You cross the sonic wall. I love your execiveness.


Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Philippe Krier

  photo PhilippeKrier_zps07785166.png
Trouble - 5/10 - He didn't bring anything to the song. That was just good. He also looked extremely bored while singing it.

Sinclair : You were too retaining and there was no emotion.
Maurane : A lot of emotion and sensibility, I loved it.
Olivier : At the beginning, you were dominated by the original but you took back thereafter.
André : An immersion in your feminine side. It was wonderful.


Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


Sophie-Tith Charvet

  photo Sophie-TithCharvet_zps51dd8a38.png
Raise Your Glass - 6/10 - I love Sophie-Tith's voice but it was a little karaoke and it was not powerful enough. It was just ok, I think in two days, we will forget this performance.

Sinclair : A lack of energy but it was in tune.
Maurane : I was surprised. You showed your energetic side and I liked it.
Olivier : I wanted to see something in your universe. I'd like to see you sing with P!nk.
André : I'm really impressed. I see a real star.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Florian Bertonnier

  photo FlorianBertonnier_zpsbb5df691.png
Le Pont Mirabeau - 6,5/10 - It was good but really predictable. I wasn't surprised by this performance but Florian has a big quality. When he sings in French, I really believe in what he says.

Sinclair : French songs really suit you. Sometimes, you were out of tune but I like your voice.
Maurane : You're an alien. I'm always troubled by the tone of your voice.
Olivier : Limpid as the water who flows under the bridge ("pont Mirabeau" means "Mirabeau's bridge").
André : Daring, original and in your universe.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Round 2

Paul Kay

  photo PaulKay_zps5af5e2bd.png
Un Homme Extraordinaire - 3,5/10 - This is a really hard song to sing and he didn't succeed with it. He looked uncomfortable and limited. And I don't like this accent he has when he sings in French. I don't understand why he does that.

Sinclair : I felt your limits. You weren't free and you were out of tune.
Maurane : I didn't hear that you were out of tune. You weren't sure of yourself, I put a blue for you not to lose your confidence.
Olivier : There was a real difference between the verses and the chorus. It's an encouragement blue.
André : It was a nice fight. I don't want you to lose your identifiable voice.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


Flo (Florian) Devos

  photo FlorianDevos_zps89acd3c2.png
Somebody Told Me - 5,5/10 - He sang it really well, I like his voice on this kind of songs but did he bring something new to the song? Did he make it his own? I don't think so.

Sinclair : You were in fight mode. It was like if you wanted to prove something. I wasn't embarked.
Maurane : Vocally irreproachable. And you're taking the space.
Olivier : You were in your register, you took pleasure to sing.
André : I liked the fact that you let yourself go.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


Julie Solia Annie

  photo JulieSoliaAnnie_zpsac2c55f1.png
Woman - 10/10 - This song was made for her. It was powerful and emotional. I absolutely loved it. She just has to be careful with the gestures but anyway, that was awesome and Julie was the best of the night by far.

Sinclair : It's nice to see you in this register.
Maurane : It was wonderful. You don't have to be afraid to sing ballads. You're a great interpreter and the soul in your voice is wonderful.
Olivier : You restraint makes me happy. I think that Neneh Cherry would be proud of your cover.
André : You transcended the song. It was a perfect mythological fight.


Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Philippe Krier

  photo PhilippeKrier_zps07785166.png
Argent Trop Cher - 3/10 - He ruined this song. It was too much, he screamed and was really limited. I'm really disappointed by him, on this liveshow.

Sinclair : It's a difficult song. You were not connected between your head and your heart. You were screaming and that's not what I expected.
Maurane : I knew you with more spite. I miss you.
Olivier : I really hesitated between blue and red. You were breathless but I willingly give you a blue.
André : You brought something modern to the song. I rediscovered the song.


Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Sophie-Tith Charvet

  photo Sophie-TithCharvet_zps51dd8a38.png
Michèle - 8/10 - What an old and boring song. However, Sophie-Tith made me like it. The tone of her voice made this song more "young" and there was authenticity in this performance. That was really good.

Sinclair : Congratulations. You're class, in the interpretation, in the emotion and in the intention.
Maurane : You told your story. It was nice when you took liberties. You got the grace.
Olivier : You made me feel like travelling in my personal memories.
André : He told her a proverb to congratulate her.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Florian Bertonnier

  photo FlorianBertonnier_zpsbb5df691.png
We Are Young - 7/10 - He really has to work on his stage presence. He always looks really shy and closed in his own world, it's starting to get boring. But he sang this song pretty well.

Sinclair : Congratulations, you found the emotion.
Maurane : You're really inhabited when you sing. There were shades, dynamism and restraint.
Olivier : You're a French Mika. I was affected by your performance.
André : You transform every song in a pagan ceremony.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo

Results

Eliminated: 

Paul

I don't think he was the worst tonight but I'm not disappointed, I never really liked him.
Share this :