Photobucket
A new season of Idol is finally upon us. Well, it's been for a few months but, who's counting anyway? The field is already whittled down to 24 contestants, who will be performing in two groups, boys and girls, and next week, 8 people will be packing their bags. Aaron will be writing this recaps, at least until he gets bored and I've to do them myself. Haha.

Recap and videos after the jump ...

Adam Ezegelian - "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister - 6/10
I never really liked Adam in the competition, he reminds me too much of Caleb Johnson (and that's not a good thing). This is actually alright for him, although not spectacular. It sounds a bit shouty. It was slightly better than most of his performance's so far, so I guess that's a good thing


Michael Simeon - "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You?" by Michael Simeon - 6.5/10
What on earth possessed him to pick this song??!! I've been a Michael fan from the very start, but I've seen him pick better song choices, like 'Classic' for The House Of Blues round. The vocals were great though, which made me kind of like the song, even if it was overall a bit boring.


Savion Wright - "Hey Soul Sister" by Train - 7/10
Savion has been pretty consistent throughout the competition. He pulls another great one here, although not my favourite from his. I honestly hate that song, but take that out of the equation and you have an overall strong performance. I still think he has yet to top his audition, and his 'Get Lucky' performance from Hollywood. I think hell get through, and get far for that matter.


Mark Andrew - "The Weight" by The Band - 6/10
Mark has been really under the radar throughout the competition, and unfortunately this performance didn't really make him stand out. Yes, it was a good performance, great vocals, but I'm pretty sure I, and probably other people too, will forget about him by tomorrow. He is likable though, but I don't see him getting through.


Trevor Douglas - "Best I Ever Had" by Gavin DeGraw - 4/10
I like Trevor, but this wasn't great. This song should have suited him perfectly but it was all over the place I'm afraid. His voice started to crack a little during the performance, which was very off putting. I loved all of his performances so far, but this wasn't at all amazing. A shame really, as I was a fan of his. Unfortunately, I don't see him getting through after that.


Clark Beckham - "When A Man Loves A Woman" by Percy Sledge - 8.5/10
Finally, a perfect song and an almost perfect performance. Clark has been a stand out in every round, and he just proved why. If it hadn't been for the wobbly glory note, it would have gotten a 10, but still a really strong performance. He must get through after that surely.


Rayvon Owen - "Jealous" by Nick Jonas - 8/10
I'm actually really surprised. He never really stood out to me, but this was quite good actually. Very slick, very smooth, very sexy vocals. This one topped all of his performances so far. Based on this, he should get through, but based on popularity, I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not. We shall see.


Daniel Seavey - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz - 5.5/10
Daniel's playing the mandolin for this performance. It was going well up until about half way, were it started to go down hill. Like Trevor, his voice starts to crack, like it has been for a while. Overall, not as good as I was hoping for. I hope he still gets through but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.


Riley Bria - "Homeboy" by Eric Church - 5/10
I don't know what it is, but there is something I don't like about Riley, maybe it's the fact that he got through over one of my favourites, Ricky Hendrix. This was very bland and a tad sleepy, all of which I expected from him. He just doesn't grab my attention as much as the others do. He should still go through due to the country vote unfortunately.


Quentin Alexander - "I Put A Spell On You" by Sceamin' Jay Hawkins - 9/10
Oh okay. Not what I expected at all from Quentin. I love this!!!! Really strong performance from him today. Again, like may others, I never really liked him, but I may change my mind if he keeps giving performances like this. He should have no trouble making it through.


Nick Fradiani - "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran - 8/10
Nick, who I loved from the start, gives yet another strong performance. He's one of my favourites from the boys. He does a great job on one of the most overplayed songs I know, which was the only reason why it didn't get a higher mark. I think he'll get through, and he could get very far if he does.


Qaasim Middleton - "Uptown Funk" by Mark Robson and Bruno Mars - 6/10
Very entertaining, Love the song, love the dancing. BUT, the vocals were seriously lacking. They weren't as strong as they usually are, which is unusual for Qaasim. He'll get through I think but only because it was entertaining. I still think he could be a front runner, but he'll need to work on the vocals.


Rankings

1 - Quentin Alexander - 9
2 - Clark Beckham - 8.5
3 - Rayvon Owen - 8
3 - Nick Fradiani - 8
5 - Savion Wright - 7
6 - Michael Simeon - 6.5
7 - Adam Ezegelian - 6
7 - Mark Andrew - 6
7 - Qaasim Middleton - 6
10 - Daniel Seavey - 5.5
11 - Riley Bria - 5
12 - Trevor Douglas - 4

Want to go home : Mark Andrew, Riley Bria, Trevor Douglas, Adam Ezegelian

Think will go home: Mark Andrew, Trevor Douglas, Daniel Seavey, Michael Simeon
Share this :