Photobucket

The Finish entry is chosen in a competition simlar to Swedish Melodifestivalen. The  Suomen euroviisukarsinta (Finish Eurovision Selection Contest) is organized by Yleisradio (YLE) and features 3 semi-finals, where the 15 entrys compete. Viewers alone vote to choose the winner. The three acts with the most votes compete first in a final of 10 acts and then in a super final of 3 acts. The winner act this year was Paradise Oskar, who compited against Saara Aalto and Father McKenzie. Finland won their first Eurovision back in 2006, with Lordi's song "Hard Rock Hallelujah".

Top 3 Performances, comments and music videos after the JUMP ...



Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam

His real name is Axel Ehnström. The name Paradise Oskar comes from writer Astrid Lindgren's childrens book "Rasmus and the Vagabond", where Paradise is a vagabond who plays accordion. Alex studies  pop and jazz at the Helsinki Music Institute. This is probably the best Eurovision entry I've heard! The kid's voice is amazing and I love the jazzy vibe he has. The song meaning is great and it's very well written. I was rooting for Saara but I'm pretty satisfied with him, and being honest, I was really happy with the level of all the acts compiting! I've seen Finland doesn't have dance entries, instead, they go for a more jazzy vocal driven performance, which I love!


Saara Aalto - Blessed with Love

 Sara had already took part in the Eurovision pre selection in 2004 along with a group. Saara made it to the top three in Finland’s Got Talent in 2007 and then went to play the role of Kelsi Neilsen in High School Musical 1 and 2 at the Helsinki City Theater. She was also a background singer in the Finnish pre-selection of 2008 and 2009 for Hanna Marsh and Riikka. Now Saara is making a name for herself and she has done an amazing work! Her voice is sublime and is one of the most beautiful voices I've heard! She has an incredible falsetto and can sing really thin notes. I was rooting for her since I've heard that beautiful voice and I was so bummed that she lost! However, she can be prowd of what she did! She was the runner up in her first try!


Father McKenzie - Good Enough

They are a half-finnish, half-swedish pop band. It's members are Tobias Granbacka (Vocals/Keyboards), Emil Johansson (Bass/Vocals), will continue writing and perfo Simon Larsson (Drums/Vocals). I like their sound. They are very piano driven and have a pop/soul sound. The song is also good but I don't like this as much as the previous two songs. Finland had really great acts in their final! I hope the three of theme prove to be very successful!


Da Da Dam Video



Blessed With Love Video

Share this :